LCVG

My Court Case

foogledricks

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Keith. Good luck in getting it resolved..

#5 here: The plumber hired by LJH was not paid for his work resulting in threats of a lien being put on his home, and coercian to pay both LJH for plumbing work, and the plumber directly.

You make it sound like the plumber had a threat of a lien on HIS home, which I don't think is right.

Carlos.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Keith. Good luck in getting it resolved..

#5 here: The plumber hired by LJH was not paid for his work resulting in threats of a lien being put on his home, and coercian to pay both LJH for plumbing work, and the plumber directly.

You make it sound like the plumber had a threat of a lien on HIS home, which I don't think is right.

Carlos.

Thanks, I fixed this in my master copy thanks to your observation.

Are you colaborating w/ the sub-contractors to get money out of this guy? I guess the fact that the guy didn't pay his subs shows he's a low-life, I just don't see how it impacts you? I'd go the simpler route and put in what was promised vs what was delivered and go from there. I'd also get estimates from multiple contractors to complete the work before going forward.

Yeah, I included the fact that he didn't pay his subs as further evidence that he is a scum bag so that it gives me more creditability... since I could just be a jerk looking for a money grab or being unreasonable. Also, one sub threatened me, and the other is hesitant to finish the for me next week if he doesn't get paid for his original work.

Jesus, what a pain. Good luck Keith.

The part that really sucks is even if you win, there isn't a whole lot you can do to make him pay you. Many contractors will just fold the business and open a new one when this sort of thing happens. Ugh...

Well, Mass has a fund that pays me directly up to 10k, so if I win I'm mostly set.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for asking. My brother in law is a lawyer and its in his hands now. I'm trying to let it go until something happens.

The good news is that my Home Theater is, except the carpet and furniture, basically complete. I am excited to post the pictures, but I won't do so until the carpet, furniture, and all the trimmings are ready to go. Probably end of next week I think.