LCVG

80 th Oscars...

Anthony G

Not interested. The wife is watching for the dresses, but my apathy is only eclipsed by my sheer boredom over the entire proceedings. Oooh, there's ________ wearing a ______ by ________, with jewelry by ________!

Anyway, I hope Juno kicks ass. Just because it's the little movie that could and did.

As for the whole "red carpet" hours before the Oscars, I never watch them. I tune in exactly when the show starts. I did get a chuckle when Steve Carell started reading the best documentary nominees when he was there to present best Animated film. I love how they give the winners what, 30 seconds to thank people. Yet they have 5 song arrangements.

Are you guys fucking kidding me? Excuse my language, but c'mon. For a bunch of people who find the investment in home theater a worthy expense, I don't understand how you cannot love the Oscars. Call them pretentious, whatever -- they're freakin' actors and directors. Their lives are defined by pretense.

Personally, I love this stuff. Jon Stewart is a comedic timing genius, the women are beautiful, and the fashion is outstanding. I can't think of a bad thing about it.

I'm watching the oscars even though i haven't seen any of the films yet. Most of them have not been released on home video yet, as I don't go to the the theater much. I like seeing all the stuff you mentioned, except for some of the in between stuff which cuts down on speech time. One person they cut off after 20 seconds , to cut to a video montage

the women are beautiful

Marion Cotillard was drop dead gorgeous and her acceptance speech was the best on the show yet. Also, even pregnant Cate Blanchett is an absolutely stunning woman

Jon Stewart is a comedic timing genius

I love Stewart hosting. The show has been a bit stuffy and confined this year with how much they aren't allowing people to do thier speeches (a problem that's been there for many years now IMO) but he brings a great level of laid back atmosphere to it. I hope he continues hosting for a good long time.

I love Stewart hosting. The show has been a bit stuffy and confined this year with how much they aren't allowing people to do thier speeches (a problem that's been there for many years now IMO) but he brings a great level of laid back atmosphere to it. I hope he continues hosting for a good long time.

Did you see him playing Wii sports when they came back from a commercial break? Soooo funny, cuz you know if I had a giant PSP-looking display I'd be doing the same thing.

This is the first time in my life I've given any care for the Oscars. Since investing in the PS3 as a Blu-ray player I've researched and read more movie reviews than I ever have, and seen more movies recently than I have since 1990 back when I worked at a small home town movie theater. I have a new appreciation for the movie business and the products they produce.

I'm looking forward to many of these Oscar nominees coming to Blu-ray. Take Atonement, I've never paid any attention to the movie until this evening. As the nominees each get mentioned I'm finding myself google'ing for info, and Atonement looks, at the very least, that it could be a visual impressive when it hits Blu-ray.

Oh, and John Stewart is always enjoyable. Especially when he tows the PC line, and some attendees squirm while others laugh. :D

I'm watching. I'm a sucker for the Oscars despite caring little about most of the awards. I'm also a Jon Stewart fan, so that helps motivate me to tune in.

I did like that somebody had the decency to let Marketa Irglova come back on stage after the commercial break to actually give her half of the acceptance speech for Best Original Song.

I don't give a care about the women or the fashion or whatever. Boring.

I just like to see what wins the awards and hear a couple of the thank you speeches. The wife loves the Oscars, being the real movie buff in the family. She went and saw almost all of the best picture movies in the theater, and rented or saw most of the other big (actor/actress) films. She was a big fan of Michael Clayton and Sweeney Todd though and was hoping they'd pick up a few more nods.

My wife was glad to see Once win the best song award as she was a big fan of the movie. We saw Glen Hasard quite a few times opening for Damien Rice (both with The Flames a few times and with Marketa Irglova a few times). He was always a pretty friendly guy, signing autographs on CDs and talking with folks.