LCVG

Lost: Via Domus (360, PS3 and PC)

Anthony G

Some early reviews for you adventure fans like me:

Frag Dolls Blog

So, in summary, if you?re a Lost fan then you should absolutely love this game. The developers deserve big kudos for their success in recreating the distinct, unusual tone of the series. If you?re not, then you may well miss out on a lot of the references planted so tenderly, but its strong plot, dialogue, pacing and atmosphere ensures it?s still heads and tails above a lot of the usual TV/film tie-in rubbish you?ll have seen.

http://viadomus.blogspot.com/

ratings.gif

http://www.docarzt.com/lost-news/docs-review-lost-via-domus-for.php

Final Verdict - Lost: Via Domus as a game hits its stride in the second act. Casual gamers who give the game a spin before purchasing probably aren't going to buy this game. Lost fans, of course, won't be able to stay away. This kind of narrow market appeal is a bad idea, because while Lost has an enormous fan base it's relatively small when you winnow it down to gamers and split that over the three platforms supported. Hardcore adventure gamers without a Lost addiction will be quick to dismiss its scripted by-the-numbers quests.

No doubt, just making sure people are aware of the connection.

Thanks cool. I wasn't aware of the connection.

I played this, and, to be honest, as a lover of both the series and adventure games, this thing is pretty terrible. That said, give it a spin if you're adventurous.

And yes, I've played it.

Which system did you play it on? What were the issues you found with the game? It will not be a $60 purchase for me. More like down the road when there is a significant price drop. Unless the major sites give great reviews or positive feedback on the forum that is.

Which system did you play it on? What were the issues you found with the game? It will not be a $60 purchase for me. More like down the road when there is a significant price drop. Unless the major sites give great reviews or positive feedback on the forum that is.

360. The voice acting is terrible (they didn't get barely any of the actual stars to do the voices), there is cutscene after cutscene, the puzzles are obvious, it's all fetch missions, the plot is equivalent to a script that didn't make it past submission, and the "action" sequences are second rate. Unless you're a serious Lost nerd, this is a bad game. Bad.

YMMV, but this one is given a "pass" for those who just want more Lost, and a "fail" for those who have something better to do with their gaming time.

For instance, if you really must know what's behind the sealed door in the hatch, you may be intrigued. I won't go into the results to keep hope alive for the dreamers, but non-Lost fans are better off doing something else. Like laundry.

Or washing their hair.

• 1 month later...

I had this sitting around the house from Gamefly for 2 weeks, I kinda felt bad for ignoring it. So, before I jump into GTA, I figured I'd try this. About 5 hours later, maybe less, I'm done. I had a guide up on the laptop while going along just to speed up the process.

This is for fans only, and really, not even that is going to make it good. For some odd reason I was compelled to finish it, but it really isn't something I'd recommend, certainly not to buy, rent, sure, I guess if you got some time to kill... 1000/1000 on the Achievement as well, so, that was pretty easy.

T.

• 3 months later...

We picked this up for $10 and played through it on my son's profile. I would say if you are a Lost fan, like we are, you will enjoy this game. The atmosphere and storytelling from Lost has been artfully captured in the game.

Sure, the gameplay is not so hot, it's a rudimentary quest game as far as the mechanics go. The puzzles are ok. I liked the circuit-board puzzles where you have to arrive at the proper voltage by using the proper fuses.

If it wasn't Lost I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. Since it is Lost through and through, complete with flashbacks, twist endings at the end of every level, and even "Previously on Lost" recaps, it is worthwhile for every gamer fan of the TV show.

Carlos.