LCVG

Baseball 2008 Discussion

JoeyN

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the Radio Said.. The "Crybaby Yankees" didn't get there way..

(Going back to the homeplate collision that led to todays Actions)

Baseball is baseball... Young guys are trying to make the team.. So they have to play every inning like its the world series. In my eyes the collision at the plate is just part of the game.

Um, do you guys even have any idea what happened the day before that play?

Why? Does it excuse going in with spikes at crotch level and then pretending they weren't?

And yes, I do know what happened.

"I go out there and I try to play the game the right way," Duncan said. "I told him what I was doing, how the play went through my eyes."

Duncan said he was trying to knock the ball out of Iwamura's glove.

What a joke! Who wears their glove on their dick? Maybe he should hit 'em with A-Rod's purse next time.

Um, do you guys even have any idea what happened the day before that play?

Sorry but the play at home plate, is a clean baseball play that happens in games. If the catcher did not want to get hit, he should not have been blocking the plate entirely like he did. Should stuff like that happen in spring training? I don't think it should, but then don't block the plate.

The Duncan play was totally wrong. The play was not even close. he was out by a mile, but he still slid with his spikes up at the guys crotch area, and then said he was knocking the ball out of his glove. What a joke

Should stuff like that happen in spring training? I don't think it should, but then don't block the plate.

The convo is over right there. The catcher's hand / wrist is broken. You don't slide like that in spring training. If you elevate the game to that level, expect retribution. You don't just let that happen.

Cervelli said that he had left room on the back of the plate for him to slide. He never expected to get bowled over so he was not prepared for it, to his credit though, he said he learned his lesson. My only thing, clean play or not, when was the last time anyone can remember a catcher getting bowled over in a spring training game? It was not necessary.

Personally, I am glad the Yanks responded. Having watched them for the last few years not do anything as Boston's brand of sportmanship has seen Jeter and Arod get plunked more than 80 times, its good they put teams on notice they will not let it go anymore.

Cervelli said that he had left room on the back of the plate for him to slide. He never expected to get bowled over so he was not prepared for it, to his credit though, he said he learned his lesson. My only thing, clean play or not, when was the last time anyone can remember a catcher getting bowled over in a spring training game? It was not necessary.

Personally, I am glad the Yanks responded. Having watched them for the last few years not do anything as Boston's brand of sportmanship has seen Jeter and Arod get plunked more than 80 times, its good they put teams on notice they will not let it go anymore.

Well-put. :tu