LCVG

Is there a quality headset for Live?

Ok, i've been using the stock 360 headset since I bought the console. I have a loud surround sound system and it literally sounds like a war when I'm playing these games :) The problem is I can't hear a thing people are saying over the headset when my system is turned up.

So, is there a replacement headset (wired or wireless is even better) that can compete with a surround sound system, has the ability to mute and turn up volume, etc?

The 360's wireless headset works very well.

I've been wanting to pick up the Turtle Beach Earforce X3 headset. It puts the game sound and the live sound through the headset, but it adjusts the volume automatically so you can hear when people talk.

I'm surprised nobody has complained about hearing your surround system. I did that ONE time (on the old XBox), and quickly got a few complaints about my system being too loud. Wasn't even loud to me, so now I just turn it down when playing online. Anyone else crank their system when online, and do folks complain about hearing it?

The 360's wireless headset works very well.

I've been wanting to pick up the Turtle Beach Earforce X3 headset. It puts the game sound and the live sound through the headset, but it adjusts the volume automatically so you can hear when people talk.

Same here Joey. I've been wanting to pick these up but lack of finding enough positive reviews online have kept me away. Though, there are always the Amazon reviews.

I have a original white headset, which works fine since the system update right after it came out

I have the original headset that came with my launch system. It's suppose to be white, but I left it on the table in direct sunlight for months. Now it has a gray colour to it. The foam ear piece that's suppose to be gray is now brown. It still works, so I still use it.

Occassionally, I do hear some people with loud sound systems. The way it sounds is just a slight lag in sound (so basically, you hear an echo)

• 10 months later...

bump

I'm tired of going through cheap XBL headsets. My first suffered cord failure, my 2nd used original one I bought did also. I have a third one - the new official wired one - but I can't say I'm a fan of the mute button on the cord, and everyone says it is really too quiet now (I had some trouble getting it to work at all the one night...maybe it's going to suffer wire death also).

I see the official wireless headsets are $60 MSRP but I'm hearing a lot of reviews and comments saying their range maxes out at 15 ft. That might be a problem for me as that's almost exactly the distance from couch to screen in my living room.

Any headset suggestions? I almost considered getting the Steelseries PC headset to XBL adapter as I have a few PC headsets laying around (including my awesome Icemat Audio headset with clip-on mic).

I'd really prefer a single-ear headset, the Turtle Beach headsets were nice (I had an X1 briefly) but I had trouble hearing if there was a child crying with the traditional earphones enclosing both ears.

If there was a good XBL to bluetooth adapter I'd probably pick up a nice Plantronics Pulsar 905A and use that as I could use a bluetooth headset for working from home on the laptop also.

I see the official wireless headsets are $60 MSRP but I'm hearing a lot of reviews and comments saying their range maxes out at 15 ft. That might be a problem for me as that's almost exactly the distance from couch to screen in my living room...

If you want to give one a shot, buy it from GameStop. You have seven days to return an opened new accessory. Just save your packaging and receipt and you should have no issues.

I haven't heard too many people complain about the range of the headset. The thing that has kept me from getting one is the seemingly large number of people that have had their headset no longer hold it's charge anywhere between 3-12 months.

For what it's worth... I've had mine since September of 07 and it takes FOREVER to run out of charge (probably 6-8 hours... much longer than I've ever played online). :)