LCVG

For Beethoven fans, just amazing!

jhfagan

Found this guy who performed the entire Moonlight Sonata in one sitting by himself on classical guitar. Me being a classical guitarist originally, found this to be absolutely amazing!!!!

I am going to have to break out my sheet music and dust off my old classical and get to it! lol

The heavy metal can wait for a week while I resurrect this piece for myself! :)

Can you explain to a non-guitarist why this is so good? Is he doing something technical that a layman like myself cannot see?

I personally wouldn't class it as anything more than a good performance really. On a technical level, and for something I'd genuinely classify as brilliant, I saw Antonio Forcione live recently and that was some of the best playing I’ve ever seen. He's a gem and captivates his audience.

Can you explain to a non-guitarist why this is so good? Is he doing something technical that a layman like myself cannot see?

Actually, I kinda hate the way he plays it :) Nice arrangement of a nice tune (hence why I'd love the tab), but he just seems to drone on with little emotion.

Actually, I kinda hate the way he plays it :) Nice arrangement of a nice tune (hence why I'd love the tab), but he just seems to drone on with little emotion.

I noticed he is a little bit stoic in his performance, but as a guitarist myself, I can tell you that the chord structure for this piece is very difficult. Mostly because of how clean the chords need to be played in order for all the notes to keep ringing while playing other notes separately within the chord.

There's alot of wider stretches in the chords as well. Someone with longer fingers would have an "easier" time with pieces like this, but normally it's very challenging.

I've just never seen anyone transpose it to guitar fully.

If you REALLY wanna be blown away, check out Eliot Fisk doing Paganini's 24th Caprice.

This is originally a violin piece from one of the most highly regarded violinists in history. Having someone perform it even NEAR that level on classical guitar is amazing.

He seems to have some tuning problems in the very beginning though. Probably new strings! lol