LCVG

Amped or Top Spin

Buck

So, for those of you with both games, which would you choose?

I was a big fan of the first Amped and really like the fact that Amped 2 has online play and 720p support.

I'm also a huge fan of Virtua Tennis and everything I hear about Top Spin makes it sound like it might be a the new king of tennis games.

Granted, I'll eventually have both games, but if you had to choose between one, which would it be?

Well, I can't say anything about Amped 2, but Top Spin is a really good game.

Already I see that it has advantages over VT in terms of flexibility (i.e where you want to hit the ball, the need to be careful not to hit out) which stem from additional types of hits.

Graphically and audio-wise, it's a nice step up.

The controls are great. And there's plenty of learning to do when it comes to Risk shots, as they are very challenging to do successfully.

The camera is better, the player motions are better.

The tutorial blows, and the minigames are pretty bland (so far) compared to VT. But as I said in another thread, matches are the focus of this game, mini games are very much on the back burner (although still necessary).

So far career mode is too easy, but I'm about to start playing "pro" level games, so I asusme it will get harder.

Likewise, I will probably end up getting Amped 2, given what I've heard. But I'm very happy with TS, I forsee playing it for a long time to come.

Well, here's what happened

Traded in the following games at EB:

Xbox

MX Superfly- $15

KOTOR- $28 (will rebuy once the DLC is out)

Halo- $25

Soldier of Fortune 2- $25

Midnight Club 2- $30

Cube

Medal of Honor- $15 (sold to EB employee)

I picked up, R63, Top Spin, and Amped, all for the low price of nothing :green:

I had $5 down on R63 and used $5 off coupons for both Amped and Top Spin.

See you guys online :D

:lmfao:

As if I had to time to ever get online Jay! Why do you think Im contemplating a career change over here!

By the way we got games setup for this weekend, I want to get get some crimson and RS3 in BIG TIME. My problem really is that most of the time when I sit down to game my options are get on Live or work through the myriad of single player games I have here and almost always the single player experience wins out. The reason? Most of the time I jump on Live, no one is playing :cry: (thats what I get for getting home from work at midnight)

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Oct 31 2003, 04:14 PM

:lmfao:

As if I had to time to ever get online Jay! Why do you think Im contemplating a career change over here!

By the way we got games setup for this weekend, I want to get get some crimson and RS3 in BIG TIME. My problem really is that most of the time when I sit down to game my options are get on Live or work through the myriad of single player games I have here and almost always the single player experience wins out. The reason? Most of the time I jump on Live, no one is playing :cry: (thats what I get for getting home from work at midnight)

you know you could always call your good friends and some of us could hop online.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could call up a friend's Xbox...like a phone?

Ed thats a great idea but I think part of where Kelley is coming from is due in part to conversation he and I were having recently on AIM. Mostly concerning the aftermath of RSG and how difficult it is to really hang out online anymore for some of us. I honestly think Live, AIM and even the phone (be it an Xbox phone or regular ;) ) just cant compete with the experience of really hanging out with the folks here.

After meeting a good number of members, anything online just pales in comparison for me anymore. It really is depressing that so many people here dont live closer as many members are what I consider good friends and people I'd hang with on a regular basis.

Mind you I dont hate the alternatives and I love still being able to communicate but it doesnt make it any better. Its going to be a long wait between RSG's. :(

(After that tangent...back to topic)..