LCVG

EA and Warner Interactive announce ?Goodfellas: The Game?

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced a videogame based on Martin Scorsese?s Goodfellas is under development and will put gamers at the center of the action in one of contemporary cinemas most revered masterpieces. The book, Wiseguy, by Nicholas Pillegi and classic film by Warner Brothers serve as inspiration for the game as players take on the role of plucky newcomer Joey ?Clamps? Barzelletta and join Jimmy, Tommy and the gang in an effort earn their respect through loyalty as they rise through the ranks in a race to become made men. The game is scheduled for release early in 2010 under the EA GAMES brand for the Xbox 360?videogame system from Microsoft, PlayStation? 3 computer entertainment system, Sony PSP? handheld entertainment system and Nintendo DS?. The release will be timed to mark the film?s 20th anniversary.

As Joey, Gamers will find themselves thrust into the action reliving classic moments from the fiction and experiencing original missions alongside memorable characters from the film. But the character harbors a potentially dangerous secret.

"We are incredibly excited and honored to tamper with yet another classic having already had the opportunity to bring The Godfather to life in a videogame," said David DeMartini, EA's Executive Producer of the game. "The new character of Joey is an undercover cop, and with him you?ll be able to change the entire outcome of the story from the movie.?

?We want to make a case that not all murderers are bad, and Joey will face a crisis of conscience at times,"said Academy Award winning comic actor Rob Schneider, who provides his voice for the new character. ?You?ll have the chance to expose Henry Hill before he ever gets to name names as informant for the FBI? continued EA?s DeMartini. ?We?re doing things with this game that have only ever been achieved several times before in the past.?

Featuring linear action-adventure gameplay, Goodfellas will offer gamers restricted choices for solving problems with brutal violence and the threat of more brutal violence to come. From mob hits and heists to drive-bys and extortion, step deep inside the world of Goodfellas where intimidation, deception and negotiation are your tickets to the top. Players will use their powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with characters in the world. Decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences leaving them to reflect on where their $60 went ($129.95 for the special limitied edition. Features not yet announced).

"I?m not one for revisiting my movies. I don?t like these so called director?s cuts, nor am I particularly fond of videogames ? I can?t even work e-mail,? said director Martin Scorsese. ?Steve Spielberg introduced me to the people at EA and they just had so much money it seemed wrong to even entertain the notion of telling them no,? he beamed.

Goodfellas featured some of Hollywood's finest actors and none of them will be lending their likenesses or contributing to the game's development, despite the fact that in recent years Robert DeNiro has seemed happy to lend his name to anything. In place of the original cast Freddie Prinze Jnr will take the role of Jimmy Conway, with Henry Hill being voiced by High School Musical?s Zack Efron, and Tommy DeVito - the role originally made famous by Joe Pesci ? will be voiced by Dane Cook. ?We just couldn?t get a better cast!? said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The Godfather is being developed by EA Redwood Shores where such hit cash ins as Lord of the Rings, James Bond, and The Simpsons have all been whored endlessly. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA?, EA SPORTS?, EA SPORTS BIG? and POGO?. In fiscal 2007, EA posted revenue of $3.09 billion and had 24 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is http://www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Enrtertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is a premier licensor and a developer of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including consoles, PC-based gaming and wireless applications.

:lol

I think my favourite line is: "“We’re doing things with this game that have only ever been achieved several times before in the past.”

Although I do love the obvious double-entendre of "We just couldn't get a better cast!"