LCVG

DLP problem

Bruce B

This morning while playing a baseball game against Dean on the PS3 my screen(Mitsubishi 73727) started to flicker. Dean suggested it might be the HDMI handshake and I rebooted my a/v and the flicker disappeared but the infield took on a pinkish hue. Now using any device(including ones that are non HDMI and dont run through the A/V) I am getting a pinkish hue to the screen and a clouding effect? Any ideas?

Been trying to troubleshoot it. Took the receiver out of the picture and was running devices directly to the tv. Still getting occasional flicker, the pink hue, and I have notices a darkening of the picture also.

This shit always happens on the weekends, have to wait to call someone tomorrow.

Taled to the technician who is coming Friday who says it sounds like the "main engine". He said the cost is around $2500 if thats the case(again, thank God for extended warranty) and then its up to Mitsu to decide to fix it or give me another tv. We'll see....

how big is your DLP? and how new is it?.

Im pretty sure I still have a year left on my Samsung DLP warranty. If it wasn't and they said to me it would cost $2500 to fix , I could just buy the newest Samsung LED Backlit DLP model, in a bigger size then I have for $2000.

My neighbor brought their LCD to get fixed, and the repair cost was outrageous

Its 73" and just about two years old.

how big is your DLP? and how new is it?.

Im pretty sure I still have a year left on my Samsung DLP warranty. If it wasn't and they said to me it would cost $2500 to fix , I could just buy the newest Samsung LED Backlit DLP model, in a bigger size then I have for $2000.

My neighbor brought their LCD to get fixed, and the repair cost was outrageous

So Aboo was here today( I call him that because my stepson couldnt understand his name so thats what he called him), and all though the tv wasnt fucking up too bad he seems to think its the main board. He is going to contact Mitsu on the next step. I am hoping for a complete replacement and then negotiate for the Diamond series.

Phone call today:

Aboo: It your main engine

Bruce: Okay, fix it

Aboo: I can not fix, I not authorized

Bruce: Then why didn't they send someone authorized to fix it?

Aboo: I live the closest.

Bruce: Ugh

Aboo: I call warranty place, they send someone who can fix

Bruce: Great. Go have a slushy...

Bruce,

My next call would be to bitch out the warranty issuer.

Warranty issuer contacted the closest dealer which is about 60 miles away. I sent them pictures and now they want me to try this and try that so they dont have to come out and diagnose. The initially declined the order because it was too far away and the warranty company had to pony up some mileage money now I'm the one getting dicked around.

He "thinks" its the optical engine also. Just get your fucking asses out here and fix it mofo's!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...