LCVG

Thief - PC/PS4/XBone

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26331688&sid=6188958&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

The Thief series is damn near my favorite FPSneakers of all time! :rock Even liked the 3rd one, although I'd have to say it was the weakest link of the 3, not withstanding the awesome "Shalebridge Cradle" level. :tu

Anyhoo...it's certainly just in the speculation/rumor camp but, I would REALLY love to see another Thief game!

With the tech specs of all the machines today, and with proper dev time, they could finally do the living city idea without it being so hampered like it was on the original Xbox.

Fingers are crossed. :o

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 2 Thief games were freakin awesome. Very fond memories playing through those games on my PC. If they stay faithfull to the series I would love to play through another Thief game. I played Thief 3 briefly on Xbox and it didn't do much for me. Was way inferior to the first 2 PC games.

• 11 months later...

I just installed Theif 2. I can't remember why, but I barely played it when it came out. And when I tried to play it way later it was just a crashy mess on whatever PC I had at the time. It's working now, though :)

I'm a bit surprised by how fantastic it still is :) If I actually get through it this time I look forward to checking out Thief 2X or Thief 3 afterwards.

My only beef with Thief 2 is the very final mission which I find to be ludicrously difficult in comparison to the other levels, to the point of unreasonable. But ymmv, naturally.

I even enjoyed Thief Deadly Shadows, although that was really despite itself, since the idiotic engine they used was sluggish and generally ass the whole way through and eliminated the rope arrows, which no amount of climbing gloves could hope to match.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a member of http://www.ttlg.com/ for many years. It's amazing how much a bunch of talented fans can do, to keep a game alive, that's from long defunct company! The last "mod" I played was the exemplary "Shadows of the Metal Age", that was completely fan driven. Music, voice overs, cutscenes, levels...all of it a work of love for Thief, and it's steampunk atmosphere. It was a complete game, and very well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing but great news....that's not officially announced yet! ;):tu Can't wait, really. I remember that there was info that this new game "might" be set in the modern time, instead of the insanely cool steam punk atmosphere that Looking Glass, and Ion Storm had made.

Hopefully, that's a load of crap!!! I'd much rather play it in the pseudo-past that it's in but, that's just my opinion.

Anyhoo, hopefully it's all good news when the official announcement is made! :bow

• 3 years later...

Game Informer will have the full reveal. It's a next gen title:

Eidos Montreal has been working for years to reboot the classic stealth series Thief, and the fruits of its labor will finally be revealed in issue 240 of Game Informer Magazine.

Our April cover story is a world-exclusive look at this next-generation stealth title. Series hero Garrett returns to the Gothic, industrial metropolis known simply as the City to steal any and everything that will make him richer. Unfortunately, the City is broiling with social tension as it is ravaged by a plague and lorded over by a political tyrant known as the Baron. In order to survive his adventures, Garrett will have to pay attention to his environment and make use of the may possible paths through each of the game's levels.

Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014. Check out our coverage trailer for a taste of all the content you can look forward to absorbing over the next month.

Please wait...

Also in the issue, we take a look at Sony's PlayStation 4 as well as Bungie's follow up to Halo, a new sci-fi series called Destiny. We also research the harsh realities of mobile development and learn about the challenges small teams face when making a game. Ubisoft let us check out its new pirate game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. We poke fun at the entire industry with our annual Game Infarcer feature, and then take an exclusive look at Trion Worlds and Syfy's MMO/TV show experiment Defiance. It's a lot of content, but don't forget to check out our classic feature on Pitfall, or our previews of The Last of Us, Remember Me, and Grid 2. It's a meaty issue; you're welcome.

Print subscribers should start seeing their April issues in the next two weeks. If you can't wait that long, you can subscribe to our digital issue – which can be accessed by subscribers via your web browser, iPad, or Android devices around 2 p.m. Central Time. Check our Twitter feed to find out the moment the digital edition of our April book goes live.

If you aren't yet a digital subscriber, you can convert your print subscription here or start a new subscription here. You can also purchase individual issues or subscribe via the appropriate apps. If you prefer a physical copy of the magazine, contact backissues@gameinformer.com.

Click the banner below to go to our Thief hub, where you'll find additional exclusive content throughout the month.

This is a big one for me. Been a Thief fan since the very 1st one came out. Was given to me as an Xmas gift that year and, I fell in love with the world LGS came up with. Enjoyed Thief 2, and thought the 3rd installment was mostly good, especially one of the best levels in any game; The Shalebridge Cradle.

Every now an then, over the past several years, I've visited the Thief 4 forums and read through the banter. Damn!! There's some SERIOUSLY pissy gamers when it comes to this series. I love the series, and hope like hell Ubi doesn't fuck it up but, damn...if I were a dev, the forum whiners would piss me off.

This preview info seem pretty damn solid. I very much hope they get Stephen Russell to voice Garrett!!! I was watching some vids last night on YouTube, just watching Thief gameplay over the years, and was just blown away by the sounds. The ambient music, the mostly great voice acting, and the overall flavor the audio gives to the games, and it made me realize that, even apart for having some nice, new, killer graphics to look at, I REALLY hope that Ubi preserves many of the sounds of Thief. I hope their sound engineers realize how important sound is.

Glad that it's supposedly going to look more like Dishonored than Deus Ex. imho, DE looked like shit...

Looking forward to this, big time! Sucks that's it's still over a year away.....

• 4 weeks later...