LCVG

Next Mortal Kombat is... MK vs DC comics

JoeyN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace MK with Marvel and I'd be interested.

Never going to happen. Marvel and DC can't even send their best against each other in a comic book. A video game where they can't control any aspect of the fight is never going to happen!!

I'm a big fan of the Marvel vs Capcom series! Still have all the games for my PSone and PS2. Looking forward to beating the snot out of Superman with Batman!! :D

batmanvssupermanwallpapww8.jpg

Never going to happen. Marvel and DC can't even send their best against each other in a comic book. A video game where they can't control any aspect of the fight is never going to happen!!

They did the Marvel vs DC years ago? But they decided on evenly matched people (ie. Batman vs Captain America, Hulk vs Superman). Did you want popular vs popular and have Superman vs Spider-man and Batman vs all the X-men (obviously Batman wins) ?

I have not been as big a fan of fighters as I once used to be, but this is the kind of twist that catches my attention (as does Yoda/Vader in SC4). I read the preview that is up at Gamespot and it sounds interesting, though I can see how hardcore MK fans could be feeling a bit let down. I think the next big test for me will be images/video of the gameplay.

They did the Marvel vs DC years ago? But they decided on evenly matched people (ie. Batman vs Captain America, Hulk vs Superman). Did you want popular vs popular and have Superman vs Spider-man and Batman vs all the X-men (obviously Batman wins) ?

I have that comic series James. It was a set up. It was rigged. They made sure that only the more popular character won and it took something like 2 years for DC and Marvel to come to terms with who would win before they released the title!

Superman vs Spider-man (never seen the batman vs x-men title) was a fight but in the end they teamed up to fight the common villian. Just like Batman Vs Spiderman.

I have that comic series James. It was a set up. It was rigged. They made sure that only the more popular character won and it took something like 2 years for DC and Marvel to come to terms with who would win before they released the title!

Superman vs Spider-man (never seen the batman vs x-men title) was a fight but in the end they teamed up to fight the common villian. Just like Batman Vs Spiderman.

The Superman vs Spider-man and batman vs X-men were meant as a joke. I missed DC vs Marvel 2, so that's probably when it took place.

But DC vs Marvel 1, had a call in poll to decide who the winner was, similar to the whole Jason Todd thing. Are you saying that DC/Marvel faked the totals and just charged people (what was it $0.50 a call) just for their extra profit?

(BTW: Superman wins all of these matchups because he's a ridiculously overpowered super hero. Lame)

The three times Batman and Superman meet up in the comics....Batman beat the crap out of him all three times. Batman can make kryponite. (spelled it wrong)

To James: No...I didn't say that. But signs and internet rumours might lead you down that path! :)

• 3 months later...

I guess the known DC characters are:

Batman

Superman

Flash

Catwoman

Shazam

The Joker

Green Lantern (added to post 7/29)

Wonder Woman (added 8/21)

Deathstroke (added 8/21)

Lex Luthor (9/11)

Darkseid (9/11)

From what I hear, that leaves 4 more characters to be announced. I was really hoping to see Deathstroke but I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Black Adam would also be a nice fit, but the inclusion of Shazam seems to make that unlikely.

Edited by Tonner Cyn

Doing a little more research I did find a Youtube video from SDCC where they did announce Green Lantern as a character. Looks to be Hal Jordan from what I saw. EDIT: It was also in that video that they introduce Captain Marvel as a character but indeed, list him as Shazam.

I went back to the Worlds Collide website and noticed that when you look at the DC or MK pages they have spots for 8 characters each. I hope this is temporary because I thought there was supposed to be 10 on each side.

Also, I have been reading that there is a boss character fight at the end, which I suppose shouldn't be a big surprise (that's how other MK games have been, right?). No word yet on who it might be, but given the look and feel of the game, maybe Darkseid is the final boss?

Hokay, no interest in this title, but lemme clear things up a little bit. ;)

During the 80's there was a period where Captain Marvel did indeed go by the name 'Shazam' rather than that applying to the wizard Shazam which was the old (and current) status quo for the character. There was an issue with rights and Marvel Comics having their own Captain Marvel character.

Clearly within the comics world this worked out as it went back to Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel, but that may be why the name Shazam is in use here, as the character WAS called that at one point.

Hokay, no interest in this title, but lemme clear things up a little bit. ;)

During the 80's there was a period where Captain Marvel did indeed go by the name 'Shazam' rather than that applying to the wizard Shazam which was the old (and current) status quo for the character. There was an issue with rights and Marvel Comics having their own Captain Marvel character.

Clearly within the comics world this worked out as it went back to Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel, but that may be why the name Shazam is in use here, as the character WAS called that at one point.

Wasn't one of the terms of the agreement that DC can't use the name "Captain Marvel" in the title or cover of their books?

• 4 weeks later...