LCVG

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Romier S

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/new-indiana-jones-trailer-leaked-oh-the-handycam-glory.php

Much, much better than the previous trailer. I suspect it's attached to Iron Man in cinemas so we should have it in HD this weekend with any luck.

Not a trailer spoiler, but a potential movie one so...

It's funny the Ark theme is heard at the start as there as - from a French review of the score CD - the Ark theme is apparently heard in one of the cues, and the theme for the Skulls is described as being a descendant of that theme. Although the Ark theme is also in Last Crusade its use in Skulls would strike me as more than a passing reference as it was last time, and it would support some discussion that there is a link between the skulls and the Ark.... It might also explain why there's some action in that warehouse (which I believe Spielberg confirmed is the one from Raiders.... only if it is he's forgotten how tall the ceiling was).

The only downside I could see to the movie would be Shia.

And how!

He annoys me in everything he's in. I don't know what it is, but he always seems out of place. It's so hard to get involved in a movie when I feel like I'm watching an actor trying to deliver lines, as opposed to 'believing' the character.

I love the Indiana Jones movies, so I'm just hoping that Shia is minimally distracting in this film.

He annoys me in everything he's in. I don't know what it is, but he always seems out of place. It's so hard to get involved in a movie when I feel like I'm watching an actor trying to deliver lines, as opposed to 'believing' the character.

Guess I'm not the only one who has wondered why this guy just kinda started showing up in all of these huge blockbuster movies.

I checked IMDB about this SHIA guy, because I had no idea what you guys are talking about. I looked at the whole list, and the only movie that I've seen him in is Transformers which was far from a serious movie and he was far from the worst thing in THAT movie. Indiana Jones is the first movie of any obvious significance that he has a role in. Not sure where the hate comes from. I,Robot maybe? I didn't see that movie. Maybe he was bad in that.

Who cares how serious a movie is in relation to how bad an actor someone is?

It's much more simple. Whenever he pops up in any role, he's just distracting from the flow of the movie, IMO.

Guess I'm not the only one who has wondered why this guy just kinda started showing up in all of these huge blockbuster movies.

I think someone big in Hollywood pulled a favor for his nephew or something. ;)

Personally, I like Shia. If you guys want to see a pretty decent flick with him, check out The Greatest Game Ever Played. He's the lead in that and effortlessly carries the film.

The trailer didn't do much for me either, but I'm still looking forward to see Harrison Ford in the hat one last time.

I wouldn't say I actively like or dislike him, I'm pretty ambivalent towards him as I don't really see many of his movies. I'm still looking forward to Indy. I just though it was really weird how he came out of left field and it seemed like overnight he was in multiple huge movies. I hope he's not the big focus of the Indy film, though.

Hated him in Constantine. Didn't care either way in Transformers. Shut off Disturbia halfway through. As long as he doesn't sport that look like someone just slapped him across the face with a sock full o' shit in Indiana Jones and the Alien Skullz of Doom.

Perhaps he plays his character like The Fonz. Hits a button to open a secret door and "eeyyyyyyyyyy"

That would not surprise me! ;)

That comment is useless without pictures.

Sorry, your moms website charges too much for access. It's surprisingly expense considering her other rates. :leaving

The official site now has the new trailer online (in flash, 480p and 720p).

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

It's definitely better than the last one, but I still only carry a mild sense of excitement about the concept of a fourth movie (the thought of another Williams Indy score is more appealing to me than the movie itself whereas my excitement really should be in equal measure).

I really am worried about that Koepp script - not just because he usually gives up by the time he reaches the climax of practically everything he writes, but also as there are moments witnessed in the trailer, like the dialogue in the bit at the end with the rocket launcher, that just seem generic and self-referential in a really clumsy and oddly contemporary way. Therein may lie the movie's biggest problem in that almost two decades have passed, the series has had many imitators and consequently it may just seem stale.