LCVG

The Twitter Thread

Dave C

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Myspace for several years, but it's just not fun anymore. I kind of got tired of the clunky interface, all the HTML, Spam, and it seems that alot of my friends have strayed to Facebook. My Twitter updates also post to my Facebook, which is cool.

Also, if more features made it better, Pownce would be stomping all over Twitter. I thought Pownce was going to be huge because of stuff like that, but I started to see the Twitter appeal after using it.

J_Fo is my Twitter account for those of you interested.

I think I've done one tweet and that's it. I don't know. Perhaps if I add more people to follow, I'd find it interesting, but right now I'm having a hard time seeing what the point of it is. I mean, I'm bored by the minutia of my daily life. So, why would I expect other people find it interesting. I suppose I should give the service a shot and see if I grow to like it more.

I've been using Myspace for several years, but it's just not fun anymore. I kind of got tired of the clunky interface, all the HTML, Spam, and it seems that alot of my friends have strayed to Facebook. My Twitter updates also post to my Facebook, which is cool.

I agree with you on MySpace. I find it appalling that they actually require average users to know and use HTML in order to alter their profiles. Sure, you could alter your profile with one of the many editors out there, but I haven't found a really good one yet that's easy to use and has enough functionality to do what I want.

FaceBook is a little bit better, but I don't like how information is organized there. I always have a hard time figuring out what's going on and what people are doing. Maybe I'm just not cut out for the whole social networking thing. :(

I'd find it interesting, but right now I'm having a hard time seeing what the point of it is

Truthfully I did as well until I started using it the last week. For me it's like a RSS feed of all my friends, plus people Internet personalities I follow on the net. Instead of going to dozens of sites, it's all in one place. Yeah there is the normal everyday stuff, but if you follow a larger group you get news quick, thoughts of games, shows, reviews, etc..

Truthfully I did as well until I started using it the last week. For me it's like a RSS feed of all my friends, plus people Internet personalities I follow on the net. Instead of going to dozens of sites, it's all in one place. Yeah there is the normal everyday stuff, but if you follow a larger group you get news quick, thoughts of games, shows, reviews, etc..

Joey nailed it.

Twitter gets you the inside scoop with little snipits of news. As an example: Wil Weaton's brief thought's on JJ Abrams Wired Star Trek article:

https://twitter.com/wilw