LCVG

Switching gamertags or subscription plans?

Robot Monkey

Fifteen days to Live's automatic rebill for those of us who subscribed on launch day.

1. Does anyone here intend to switch to monthly? Discuss.

2. What about name changes? Is anyone planning to dump their subscription in order to change their gamertag? Provide examples.

Extra credit for those who can provide good reasons not to switch to a monkey-oriented gamertag (Hint: It can't be done).

3. What are the key factors leading to the Defenestration of Prague? Explain.

-j

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can't help you on the renewal front, as mine isn't due till end of January/early February. I suspect I'll just plop down the cash for a renewal as I'm happy with my gamertag.

As for point 3, I thought it was all the fault of the Hussites? This is the first Defenestration of Prague we're talking about, right?

Im renewing the year for the $50 . Its $50 well worth spent considering all the gaming I do on it, and saves on the logn distance phone calls when talking to people long distances :-) Im keeping the name of course.

As for not switching to a monkey tag. Who the hell wants to hear all those jokes about bannanas?

capt

I am thinking about getting another Live account for my dad though. He wants to play Links and Top Spin with you guys, but I don't want him messing up my scores.

Is he that much better than you? :P:P

My renewal time is March or April? Don't remember, but it's a year from whenever MotoGP2 was released.

I will definitely be on the yearly plan.

Originally posted by MrJames@Nov 1 2003, 02:28 PM

I just picked up an Xbox Live Renewal pack at Best Buy. It comes with a nice little headset carrying case. Maybe this case can help prevent headsets from being chewed up by pets and/or monkeys. :)

Hey, that sounds useful! So it's definitely for existing subscribers?

How much? And do you have a link?

-j

Here is my experience, crossposted into both relevant threads.

I bought a new Live starter kit for $50. Headphone, Tetris, Mechassault DEMO.

I applied the new account code to my existing Live account/dashboard.

Before applying it, it (the dash) said my account would expire 11/15 with $50 annual renewal, and gave me options to pay $50, $6.99 (for a month), or to enter a renewal code.

After applying it (it took it), it says my account expires 11/15 with $0 renewal. It removed all my payment options. If I try to change billing info, it refuses to let me, stating that 'your account will be converted to pre-paid after your expiration date'.

It sure looks like it works to me.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all I have pieced together from the various LCVG threads that touch this subject.

I can potentially go to Bestbuy, buy a 'new' Live subscription package ($50) that comes with Headphone, Tetris, Mechassault DEMO, And a headphone case, and then also try to get a free$20 Live game in addition, and then use the 'new' subscription to renew my old account? Sounds like a SUPER deal if I can pull it off. What are the chances the $5 gamer giftcard could be combined with this deal. Yikes!

Someone please confirm my fever!

Remember there is a $10 off gamepro coupon for the Live 2.0 kit at Best Buy as well, so it's $40 for a year of live, a new headset, and a copy of Tetris worlds. seems like a good deal to me.

The $20 off a new live game is, I believe, only valid with the 3.0 live kit that comes with the full version of mech assault.

Just another option to throw in the mix that I just did - I bought the renewal with the bag for $50 at Best Buy and used the $20 off any live advertised title to get Ghost Recon for free (they had Ghost Recon, Mechassault, and UC(I think) advertised as platinum titles in the same flyer).

That and don't forget to use your McDonalds Best Buy Bucks :)

'