LCVG

XBL Boardgame night?

GreenMonkey

I am definitely interested, but this is a bad week. Next week, perhaps? I'm down for Catan or Carcassone, and would be willing to get Wits and Wagers and/or Lost Cities if someone wants to play those. I've been meaning to pick them up anyways, but haven't had much game time lately. When Ticket to Ride comes out, I am all over it...

Jeff

Screwnut - what happened to you last night? You left me playing against the cheatin' POS AI that is impossible to beat on the Hard setting. Seriously, has anyone won against the Hard AI? I usually get to 8 or 9 and then one of the other players will play 3 Victory Points and win. The most obvious cheat was when I had 9 points, I had the cards I needed to build another city and win. The ONLY thing that could not happen was me rolling a 7 and losing half my cards. I'll let you guess what I rolled...

Screwnut - what happened to you last night? You left me playing against the cheatin' POS AI that is impossible to beat on the Hard setting. Seriously, has anyone won against the Hard AI? I usually get to 8 or 9 and then one of the other players will play 3 Victory Points and win. The most obvious cheat was when I had 9 points, I had the cards I needed to build another city and win. The ONLY thing that could not happen was me rolling a 7 and losing half my cards. I'll let you guess what I rolled...

I have. It's fairly tough at first but you get used to the AI's patterns. It helps to play Mario Kart style - hover in a very strong 2nd place to avoid AI animosity and then make your move towards the end.

Screwnut probably got disconnected. His Canadian internet did that to us once in a while during Catan games. Sometimes I think it's his router and get tempted to send him my spare.