LCVG

Mirror's Edge

dogbert

I thought we had a thread for this, but couldn't find it. Regardless, we've finally got a video of "Mirror's Edge" in action - a new first person action game from DICE, think Prince of Persia's acrobatics/motion set in a dystopia world, but with with a fantastic art direction to make it stand out in the crowd. The focus is not on combat but on fleeing your adversaries, making optimal use of the terrain etc.

Did I say it's first person?

Here's the trailer video.

• 2 months later...

A new interview along with more gameplay footage..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35992.html?type=mov

The combat gives me a real "Breakdown" look and feel (see how many folks actually remember that one:)). I'm REALLY loving the look and general setting of the story. Is the song that plays during the trailer an original piece for the game or does someone actually know what it is? I want it.:)

EDIT: Nevermind, it's an original piece for the game. Though it sure does sound a whole lot like Mogwai's "Auto Rock".

The combat gives me a real "Breakdown" look to it (see how many folks actually remember that one:)).

I do. A Namco game that got some decent reviews and ended up in the bargain bin pretty quickly.

I think this game looks cool as hell. Really looking forward to see how it turns out.

I do. A Namco game that got some decent reviews and ended up in the bargain bin pretty quickly.

..and was actually pretty interesting and forward thinking in its design despite some rather hefty flaws. I still own it amusingly enough and I think its backwards compatible as well (I might have to throw it in this weekend for the heck of it:lol).

By the way, if you're a big fan of the music in the trailers (as I am), you can get the MP3 right here. The lead in charge of the music, Alcorus, responded to fan email by confirming he is in charge of the music for the game. The MP3 is floating around now and it's called "Shine":

http://rapidshare.com/files/120944332/Alcorus_-_Shine__upped_by_Roboburrr_.mp3.html%20target=

I finally got round to watching some of the videos and I must agree that this game is looking very good indeed. A refreshing approach to the first person genre and *gasp* there's barely a hint of a drab colour palette to the environment. Levels set outdoors in broad daylight? Dare any action game developer attempt such a thing?

• 1 month later...