LCVG

Questions from a new PSP owner

Well, after searching for an mp3 player for awhile I decided to look at the PSP and after hearing about God of War I got the Daxter pack and God of War. Wow, I never knew a game as good as GoW could be on a portable! I also just ordered the 16GB memory stick and was interested in putting movies and games on it.

From what I've read online, some people say sites like pspblender.com, etc are legal (looks fishy to me). Then others say only the psp store is legal which I believe. Is that correct? Also, the pspstore seems very slow to me and it's difficult finding games/movies to download. Any advice on copying dvd's, games, etc to the psp and which program to use? Also, I'm looking to get a travel case and screen protector (I've read lots of bad reviews on screen protectors) and pretty much anything else?

I've already transferred mp3's to it and that is easy enough. Oh, and are any other games as good as God Of War? I just got to the first part of nudity last night ;)

Thanks

PSPBlender most certainly ain't legal as they're offering full PSP games for download via P2P. Nope, not even close to legal.

If you want to stick to legal downloads, you're limited to to the official Sony store, yup, and downloadable demos (of which there are plenty not on the Sony store). For video, just grab PSPVideo9 or something similar to copy/convert your videos to the PSP format. There's a free official Sony media Manager too, but I haven't used it.

Technically, it's breaking DMCA to copy DVDs to the PSP but that's by the by.

To copy your own games to the PSP off UMD, you'll need to change your firmware to the DarkAlex custom firmware.

If you want to stick to legal downloads, you're limited to to the official Sony store, yup, and downloadable demos (of which there are plenty not on the Sony store).

It's really tempting to try and get bootleg games on my PSP since Sony has ignored Mac users and made game downloads strictly Windows-only. It really sucks, particularly for games that are download-only, like Echochrome!

thanks for the info. I have downloaded some demos off other sites (I assume that's ok) but will not download full games or movies. I'm practicing ripping my dvds to the psp and have been successful a few times. So far I've bought Ridge Racer, God of War and Medal of Honor 2. Are there other games similar to God of War on the psp?