LCVG

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

JoeyN

I don't think the graphics look particularly good. Not bad though. The deal breaker on this game will be gameplay. Platformers just never work for me. Mario Galaxy being an exception. Rare is promising super innovative and unique gameplay with really cool online features. When screenshots have the gameplay context wrapped around them then I'll have a much better idea if this will be an interesting game.

If Microsoft really is doing the motion control thing, I don't think it is a bad thing, but I think it will be a train wreck PR ordeal because the hardcore, which bitchy journalists and forum-goers largely consist of and who control the hype machines, will cut the initiative to shreads. It would have to be so good to overcome the shitstorm. And what are the chances of that? Not likely.

They'd have to give the motion controller away with Banjo 3, the game would have to be fantastic, and they would have to make big promises to gamers that Banjo is just the beginning with promises of 3-5 exciting games on the horizon that will utilize the motion control.

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if their innovative gameplay is related to online coop.

Word from Rare

"Reading some of the comments, it's nice to see that people think the game is quite pretty, but its definitely not a racer, which is what some people think it is," said George Kelion, community liason. "You're better off waiting until tomorrow, when we reveal what is for us the most spectacular feature of the game, which is the gameplay mechanic."

"There's some really good stuff coming through the pipeline... try not to jump to any conclusions, because the surprise is still yet to be revealed."

I expect that it isn't just dress up. It probably has major gameplay repercussions. Like construct a fast car, a car with anti-gravity, with spring wheels, with weapons, etc... sort of an RPG component as far as building your character, only you're building vehicles. At least, that is what I would hope it was because that sounds really cool.

For more footage gamevideos has a piece when Nick from 1up visited rare a few weeks back. They talk about VP2 and Banjo3, but at the end they show more footage from the game, including a level which has a giant brick mario in it.

The vehicle building stuff looks fun, and you can use them in the multiplayer modes is cool as well

• 1 month later...