LCVG

LCVG NYC Clubhouse

Union Carbine

There's a pretty good contingent of LCVG folk in the New York area. We've had a couple of movie nights scattered through the year (Cloverfield, Iron Man...) so I figured we could use a thread to organize things, discuss, and generally make fun of Joey and Phil for living in the ass end of Queens. ;)

LCVG NYC Group Page at Upcoming.org

I shall attempt to keep the OP updated with what's going on (if anything). So far:

UPCOMING EVENTS:

"Hellboy 2; The Golden Army"

Hellboy smash!

• When: Friday, July 11 (opening night) or TBA
  • Where: TBA
  • Who: TBA

Activities:

Handball? Angel plays. I'll play. Phil might play. Where the heck would we play?

Any ideas of other group things to do? Sports? Theater?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately count me in for Indy. Joey, I know you mentioned picking a day where Diana could also attend. Thursday good for her and Phil?

Todd, as far as handball is concerned, like the movies, it should be somewhere easily accessible to everyone. That being said, Joey and Phil live out 3 stops past hell so maybe we should try and maybe make it closer to them. On the other hand, they don't even have sidewalks over there so I doubt they'll have handball courts. Don't think playing handball on dirt roads would be a whole lot of fun. :)

Any ideas of other group things to do? Sports? Theater?

Other activities? watching Phil play = sports AND theater. ;)

Sounds Elitist to me. Oh look at us we live in a big City. yada yada yada....:)

It's okay Bruce. To quote a line from "The Breakfast Club"......

John Bender: "Well, I don't know any lepers, but I'm not going to run out and join one of their f*cking clubs."

Let the New York guys party well they can....I'm going to go wake up Godzilla!

godzilla.bmp

:P

"First Blood"

Back on the big screen for a one night stand.

• When: Thursday, May 15th, at 7:00 (meet time), 7:30 (movie start time)
  • Where: E-Walk 13, 247 W 42nd St
  • Who: Angel, me

Phil was a scratch due to illness and Joey was a late scratch due to "work". Still, Angel and I soldiered on to watch the Stallone classic.

The print was in good shape but it was very dark. I don't have a point of reference to compare it to but Angel and I both thought it was awfully dark in spots.

I had forgotten how absolutely HORRIBLE the end song is - it does a great job killing the atmosphere.

We also got to see the alternate ending but it was not very well done. Thankfully, it never got out of the cutting room.