LCVG

Which TV to get?

fretster

I currently have a Samsung 32" LCD 720p/1080i and my father wants to get and LCD; he's agreed to buy mine for $600. I'm looking to get something bigger (thinking around 40") and 1080p. I love my Samsung, and would like to stick with them. My concern is with price, and tv models; I'm not an aficionado on such things and could use all the help I can get. My budget is around $1200; although I could throw some more in if necessary. I've seen 40" for a bit more than that by Samsung, but I can't believe that there aren't any out there that aren't closer to my ideal price point.

I'm open to other good brands, I don't know who makes good panels and who doesn't. Just going off experience with the Sammy lovin' ;)

Thanks!

Check out the Panasonic TH-42PZ77U, they street around 1400 bucks and put out a decent picture. You're going to be a little hard pressed to find a name brand TV thats 1080p in that price range.

The best bang for buck in my opinion is still the Kuro sets from Pioneer, nothing else touches them right now and with sets less than 50", unless you're sitting a screen length away all the time I would worry more about black levels than 1080p vs 720p.

• 2 weeks later...