LCVG

Wii Fit

EnemaEms

Picked up Wii Fit today. We have been playing it for a couple of hours. Everyone really likes it so far. You indeed do burn some calories. I have unlocked one new balance game (tightrope walk) and one new Yoga stance. New things just unlock as you play. You don't have to play in a certain genre to unlock things.

The Balance Board is rock solid. I thought for sure it would be kind of cheap, but it seems really well made. It does an excellent job sensing your movements and is comfy to stand on. However, it wasn't so comfy when doing the push-ups. The non-slip tread kind of makes your hands uncomfortable. Other than that, we are having a lot of fun. THis thing is going to sell like gangbusters.

-Dean-

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife, daughter, and I have been playing with this for the past couple of hours as well. Can't do the yoga to save my life! Wife got into competition with me on the ski jump. Unlocked a new bubble roll just before stopping and it's fun and hard. And it made my Mii look like a freaking blimp when I don't look that bad in real life! What up with dat?!

Wife went to Target today to get Boom Blox, and the guy there sold her on Wii Fit. She called me saying that she has to get this game called "Wii Fit... have you heard of it?" I thought that was pretty funny. I told her that like most accessories (DDR pad, Guitar Hero controllers), the Wii Fit board will see a similar fate in the dusty corner beside the TV not that long after purchase. It being exercise equipment just ensures that it will be under a bed somewhere in two weeks. But who am I to argue when my wife demands that we buy a videogame.

Great piece o' gear.

I was also surprised at the craftmanship, but I realized I shouldn't have been - Nintendo has a good track record with things like that. I guess we're just so used to being shafted with half-assed production values on our peripherals that we are genuinely surprised when something that isn't shit is made available to us.

My wife and I really like it, and it's a great motivator too. I could have spent an hour just doing that damned balance game where you're tilting the balls into holes. I'm lousy at it. But I plan to rotate the WiiFit games into my regular workout routine to help track my weight loss. I mean, why the hell not, right? Very pleased with the purchase so far.

I like it a lot as well. Games are challenging, but fun enough that you don't feel the burn until you stop. My son waited all day for me to get home from work so he could play it, and of course being five years old he can't really do any of the activities very well. So I don't think this will be a family game, but I'm looking forward to supplementing my regular (light) exercise program with some strength and balance training.

Those feet work really well even on relatively thick carpet, I am happy to report.

Denied.

I tried to order for pickup(placed the order 2 hours before the store opened and probably only available for order within the last few hours), but 2 more hours later, I received an email saying that it was not filled.

Funny enough, this was the same Best Buy store that I reported an overstock of Wii's last week

My legs are sore today. I was surprised that I was able to pull of the Yoga tree stance. My right leg didn't have great balance since I still have 3 sprained ligaments in my right foot and ankle. :)

It is a very fun game and has some nice exercises for light exercising.

-Dean-

That soccer game is hilariously brutal. I cringe every time I take a cleat to the skull, it just sounds so damn painful.

As for the hula hoops, heh, I completely failed at the regular version, but then I unlocked the super hula hoop mini-game and I totally rocked it. Yeah I don't get it either, but I rule is the long and short of that.

It's a shame Nintendo's online functionality is more like dysfunctionality, having high score leaderboards with people on the forum would have been a hugely amusing bonus.

Only my sides are sore this morning, probably due to Hula Hoop, and am ready to get back into the Wii Fit this morning to see if I've magically gone down from the El Blimpo Mii to what I actually look like in the mirror...

So, according to the Wii Fit I haven't lost an ounce and yet on my "official" weigh in scale it shows I'm down almost a pound from yesterday. Hmmmmm...

The more I use Wii Fit, the more impressed I am with it. Did a few back-to-back long distance runs, and some strength excercises tonight. Strapped on my heart rate monitor and got into an Aerobic Zone pretty quick. I'm already thinking about the possibilites for Wii Fit 2 (i.e.: Nutrition tracking, distance tracking w/wi-fi pedometer add-on, etc.).

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo hit this one out of the park.