LCVG

Seagate 500 GB external HD $99.99

Bruce B

I got my 500GB Western Digital at Circuit City for $119. Staples has been running sales on 500GB HDD externals, too; so keep an eye out there.

Even better. here ya go Josh. $79.99 after rebate

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=193193&WT.mc_n=67&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=PRICEGRABBER&cm_pla=DATAFEED-%3EPRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=67

UGH. You guys are killing me. I've been wanting to get an external drive for the new comp but man I don't want to spend another 80 bucks right now. A full terabyte of HDD space would be fantastic though....

Cmon Romier!

$80! Thats only a half a tank of gas!:P

BTW, the Western Digital I got has a nice feature I haven't seen on other externals (not that looked too hard).

It puts itself into sleep when you turn off your PC (or Xbox 360) and comes back on with the system.

I got a Maxtor OneTouch 750GB drive at BB this weekend (on sale for $129), and it also does this. I'm only using it with the MacBook Pro, so I can't say if it also does it for the PC or 360.