LCVG

Devil May Cry 4 - PC Edition

Romier S

Capcom is going to make me double dip.:) The PC version is due in July and its rumored to have:

- The game engine has special optimization, the efficiency of the engine will be 10 times higher than t the engine of Lost Planet, the mainstream 8800 GT graphics cards can run at 60 FPS with effects setting at high and anti-aliasing on. 9800GTX graphics card can steadily run at 110 ~ 120FPS. Even the low end 7300 GT graphics card can also fluently run with effects setting at middle.

- Devil May Cry PC Demo will have all graphics setting options seen in the retail version.

- Devil May Cry PC Demo passed Games for Windows certification. It supports Windows LIVE unlock achievements.

- Devil May Cry PC Demo adds new game scenes and hidden roles.

- Devil May Cry PC Demo adds new game modes, compared with Xbox 360 version , and Devil May Cry PC Demo has enhanced Turbo mode, and even continuous hits and the new play mode .

- The Model and texture quality of Devil May Cry PC Demo will be 2.5~ 3.5 times higher the 360 version, to get better screen effect.

- The demo will be released at 6:00AM GMT on June 6:

Also:

- The game will be out on July

- A demo/benchmark wil be released before

- PC version have two new modes: Turbo Mode and Dark Knight Legendary.

- DX9 and DX10 support.

Here's an image showing the benchmark and display options:

[ATTACH]3550[/ATTACH]

(very encouraging considering its the same chip I have with the 9800GTX)

[ATTACH]3551[/ATTACH]

Screenshots of the Dark Knight Legendary mode for those that love an even tougher difficulty:

[ATTACH]3552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3553[/ATTACH]

Downloaded the demo, proceeded to get some shitty DirectX error and walked away pissed off. Came back and reinstalled my drivers to no avail. I then go ahead and try the dumbest thing in the world - I resized my desktop to be the native resolution of the game off the bat (1280x1024)....and the game fucking loaded. I changed the resolution in-game to 1680x1050, reset my desktop resolution and all is well. Ah hello PC gaming, I missed you! (NOT!)

Anyway, I ran the benchmark test and the game is just RIDICULOUSLY sweet on the PC. Everything on "Super Hight" running at 1680x1050 with 4xAA and Vsync enabled. I scored an "A" ranking in the benchmark test. I disabled Vsync and I was running a majority of the demo at 125+FPS (:lol). I love how the game considers 60FPS "not optimal" LOL. With VSync off I score an "S" rank. I prefer Vsync On as I can't stand screen tearing. The game is just buttery smooth and good lord does it look FANTASTIC!

Screenshots coming....

Funny, Monkey, you're the only one on my friends list who seems to have even played DMC4 on the 360. Well, at least, not at pussy level. Joey looks like he didn't even finish the game on easy. Are there really no DMC fans on LCVG or are none of them on my friends list?

I'm still no good at this game. I haven't died yet or anything, I'm playing on the normal difficulty setting, highest available at the moment, but I clearly have no skills because I get B ratings, take forever to beat the levels, and still can't get exceed to work right.

When i actually finish a game, people should know. It's a rare event :-)

Me too. I've finished 2 games in the past year. Gears of War, and DMC4. Oops, make that 3, I finished Halo 3 about a month ago.

I'm still no good at this game. I haven't died yet or anything' date=' I'm playing on the normal difficulty setting, highest available at the moment, but I clearly have no skills because I get B ratings, take forever to beat the levels, and still can't get exceed to work right.

[/quote']

I didn't bother with the wussy level on DMC4. I hate easy games and I figured it would be too easy. Devil Hunter mode was only moderately hard in a few spots. I never got any S ratings (maybe one) but I did get a lot of As.

Might play wuss mode though just to mess around and learn some new combos. I think I've got a long way to go on learning better combos.

I almost never used the Exceed power-up during the normal game. Sometimes I'd rev it up in prep for a big fight so I'd get at least one combo with it. I did work on the instant-rev timing though for the colosseum-type mode and started to get decent with it.