LCVG

Legend: Hand of God

CaptainRon

Anyone else heard of this game?

It's a German RPG that entered my radar screen lately. It's already out in Europe and won German RPG of the Year for 2007, and it's coming to the US on August 1: http://pc.ign.com/articles/876/876149p1.html

I checked out the screenshots too, and it looks good. With the graphics and action sequences I think this will rock.

• 1 month later...

Felt like bumping this since the release is in a little over a week. I found an interview with the creative director Jan Beuck that gives me a better idea of what to expect:

interview

The biggest selling points imo: rated M, huge bosses (even bigger than the screen in some cases according to Beuck) and the graphics. Story by Susan O'Connor of Bioshock doesn't hurt either. Should keep me occupied for the next year before Diablo 3.

Hmm, I'm interested. Doesn't look too hot to me. Art-wise, it looks a little generic, but pretty enough. The combat I just saw in some YouTube videos makes that "cinematic combat" talk seem like a joke, but it still looks good to me compared to other games in the genre.

The talk of combining different weapon and magic specializations to come up with flaming swords or ice arrows is what has me really interested. An interesting enough class system that lets you mix and match like that would be some good icing for me...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, did you already download a foreign demo? The English official site has a demo available in English: http://www.legendhandofgod.com/legend.html

I've been playing the game and the graphics and combat haven't disappointed. It's cool how Targon's stance changes with various sized enemies, and the music is an added bonus, definitely epic. Let me know what you think if you try it.

I gave the German (I think, heh) demo a try and was pretty interested until I started firing ranged weapons... the sound, and the way the arrows fly, is pretty sad and unsatisfying.

But the melee was pretty damn cool! Not usually my style, but I've been meaning to try the English demo to get a better feel for the game.