LCVG
Romier S

Call of Duty World at War (Treyarch developed COD5)

Looks like I'll start playing Hardcore. I love using the Garand but it just isn't effective at all in the normal multiplayer modes.

I'm looking forward to the new content. Issues aside, I'm still really enjoying the game and I can't wait to check out the new maps. :tu

I'll be getting the new maps. The recent way things have been going, companies have release patch's right before expansions so it will probably be fixed by then

Finally, a patch. And the "Makin Day" map for free.

Note that it doesn't say anything about spawning, which was still the #1 most annoying thing to me last I played.

Addressed in Title Update 2:

- Added support for downloadable maps ? free downloadable map ?Makin Day? now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.

- Improved geographical matchmaking.

- Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!

- Added defensive measures to prevent ?Stats Reset? when corrupt data is detected.

- Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.

- Patched all known MP map exploits ? this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.

- Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.

- Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the ?elevator glitch.?

- Disabled ?Rocket Jumping? ? this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.

- Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.

- Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.

- Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.

- Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.

- Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.

- Improved squad functionality.

- Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

I was going to post in the online play thread that yes, I'll play tonight but don't feel like waiting the 20 minutes it'll take for those pages to load, so I'll post it here.

The spawning is still as bad as ever :( In many rounds I spawn and die within seconds several times in a row, and then I spawn behind some baddies and get some easy kills. It feels like too many of my deaths and kills are completely thanks to the spawn system. There seems to be more instant spawn kills going on, too. Maybe without glitches to exploit the asshats have taken more to simply spawn camping, since this game is all too happy to spawn you right in an opponent's sights.

I never have a problem with spawning in COD, as I play with friends on my team all the time. They keep moving. The only time it's a big problem if someone (the person the game makes the leader for spawning purposes)on your team camps in the same exact spot. Usually a sniper. Then you keep spawning in the same area, and the other team will know where it is if thats the only place they see people

Happy happy joy joy? No more tanks in hardcore is a sweet surprised to me (I've already heard how nice it is to play those big maps without 'em). The spawn fix will have to be good to get me to buy the maps, though. I'm crossing my fingers.

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend we noticed a new glitch was discovered with the Bipod MG?s while prone on the ground. This glitch allowed players to ?duplicate? their bipod MG, and ultimately lead to exiting the map, or even ending a game for other players.

Today we have released a hotfix for this problem, and included in it some other changes by popular demand.

Bipods ? beginning today, bipods will no longer be deployable while prone. After careful consideration, we?ve decided that the best course of action at this time is to disable this functionality. The act of deploying your bipod when prone, while having a cool effect, doesn?t actually give the player a great benefit. Aiming down the sights while prone provides the same gameplay functionality without the limited view angles.

Playlist ? the Hardcore War playlist has returned to 9v9 status; additionally, all vehicles have been removed from Hardcore playlists.

Map Rotations ? Roundhouse and Upheaval have been added to the Free-for-All and Hardcore FFA playlist map rotations.

We?re aware of the ?New? icons in the menus which do not go away, and have already addressed that in the next update. We?re also happy to say that we have a solution for those obnoxious hail-mary rifle grenade shots at the beginning of Search & Destroy rounds. Additionally, we?ve addressed one of the most commonly reported issues with the spawn system ? we?ve been testing this a lot locally, and it works great.

Those, among others, will be available with the next TU we release (which will coincide with our Map Pack 1). Speaking of which, we will have some new DLC information hitting the web very soon ? stay tuned!

Nice, can't wait for the new maps. Looking forward to the new Zombie map too. Played quite a bit last night and they really really need to fix up the respawns. In Hangar, they kept respawning me in there and always in front of an enemy since they were in the middle. I must have died at least 5 times upon respawn and always in the same area.

Yeah you spawn near teammate farthest from battle. If everyone is in the same place you keep spawning in same place. Someone needs to get out of that area

Ugh, that's stupid. One other issue with spawn was in the Asylum stage. We were spawning outside by the stairs. The other team sent dogs and they spawned where we spawned. It was interesting to see as a dog would pop up but not move. I guess it's a timed release for each dog. However, while they were motionless, I was able to shoot and kill them. However, the guy that sent the dogs found out where we spawned and proceeded to the spawn area and started killing us. Then someone sent artillery fire to that area where were were still spawning and took us all out as we spawned. Then more dogs appeared in the same area. Now I know why everyone has issues with the spawn points with COD5. Didn't really experience it fully until last night. It sucks.

Map Pack 1 has been released for 800 MS pts on the 360. Not sure how much on the PS3. They are also putting in the Title Update 3 which I am quite happy about.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=125662

Items Addressed:

* All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.

* Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.

* Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.

* Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.

* Martyrdom no longer causes “direct impact” grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.

* Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.

* “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.

* Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.

* The “New” icon clears when a player has viewed an unlocked weapon (X360 only).

* Many zombies were raised from the dead.

I realize very few of you play this on PS3, but I had an odd issue with CoD last weekend and I'm wondering if anybody's had something similar going on.

I finished the final two levels of the game last weekend. (And managed to do it without ever dropping the difficulty down to easy, which is an accomplishment for me) Afterwards I was looking through the trophy list and noticed that a bunch of trophies that I know I completed were not listed as accomplished. Including the one for completing the game. Heck, I sat through the credits and played a round of the zombie mode, so I know I got through the whole thing.

It's not a big deal as I don't really pay much attention to trophies usually, but I thought it was odd that they haven't been registering.

Anybody have any experience with this?

* Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.

The pessimist in me asks,... Mmmm, so should we expect an increase in deaths from people spawning behind us, which is technically out of the direct line of sight of an enemy? Gah!

* Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.

I'm sure what they are getting at with this one. Sure meleeing teammates should get you a team kill, but what are they talking about when they specifically say "Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates" as if there is something about doing these two actions together? Are they saying you can't use bouncing betty's at all in hardcore?

I'm sure what they are getting at with this one. Sure meleeing teammates should get you a team kill, but what are they talking about when they specifically say "Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates" as if there is something about doing these two actions together? Are they saying you can't use bouncing betty's at all in hardcore?

I think in hardcore, you can equip a betty then go around killing your team with melee and it won't penalize you. I believe this is a fix for that.