LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
jhfagan

3 Most Beautiful Songs Ever!

First off, to all Fathers, Happy Fathers Day!!! ( me included ).

I've been working on figuring out what I think to be my top 3 most beautiful songs.

Now there's ALOT of songs out there that I find to be very beautiful, well done, and emotional, and love listening to.

But it came down to the three songs that just stuck in my head and had that "aw damn...." (making choked up noise) factor.

These are not necessarily in order of favorites.

1. You Would Have Loved This - Tarja Turunen "My Winter Storm" (she used to be the singer for the band Nightwish, listed below ) This song is very poignant to anyone who's lost a beloved friend or family member.

2. Kuolema Tekke Taiteilijan - Nightwish "Once" (is sung in the bands native Finnish but English translations available online of course) This song is especially touching for me as a new parent.

3. I'll Be Seeing You - Barry Manilow "Show Stoppers" ( i might get flak for a Manilow song but I don't care! lol ) Similar to the #1 song, in that it reflects on remembrance of a special person in your life, no longer with you. Never found out if it was meant as memory of someone who's passed, or just the missing of a long lost love. I take it like that.

Any other songs (or just any piece of music ) that bring out the "aww....Damn...." in any of you? :)

The 3 that come to mind right now are:

Pyramid Song - Radiohead

Indus - Dead Can Dance

Place Gun to Head - Proem (despite the violent title, the music is gorgeous)

• Like 1

Heh I could come up with a different list of "3 most beautiful songs evar" everyday for the next year and make an argument that any one of those days is the real list. With that being said I'll just grab a few songs off of various playlists I have that I believe to be beautiful...

David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - The Frozen Channel (anything off the Treasure album really)

Yagya - Will I Dream During the Process?

Hammock - I Can Almost See You

"The Great Gig in the Sky" -- Pink Floyd. Female moans and wailing become the most beautiful musical instrument. This fantastic song becomes absolutely majestic on SACD.

Carlos.

After careful listening under near perfect listening conditions, I've concluded that "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak is one damn near perfect, beautiful song. 

Might be by design, might not be, but the way he swallows the "don't" at times in the phrase "I don't want to fall in love" is a just wonderous!

And the whispered "this world is only going to break your heart", and the final double entendre of the double-negative "Nobody loves no one" are just miracles of lyricism.  

This is among the most perfect songs,  by a genius songwriter.

Carlos. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

After careful listening under near perfect listening conditions, I've concluded that "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak is one damn near perfect, beautiful song. 

Might be by design, might not be, but the way he swallows the "don't" at times in the phrase "I don't want to fall in love" is a just wonderous!

And the whispered "this world is only going to break your heart", and the final double entendre of the double-negative "Nobody loves no one" are just miracles of lyricism.  

Carlos. 

Absolutely just about as perfect a song can be. Beautiful, Haunting, Moving.  And to make it modern it has an absolutely fantastic video to go with it.

29 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

On top of all that, it's exquisitely recorded, making it great demo material for a stereo or pair of headphones.

Possibly cliche but Fade Into You by Mazzy Star.

I'll second Ed's suggestion of Radiohead's Pyramid Song and add both Fake Plastic Trees (more for the performance than the subject matter) and the haunting version of True Love Waits from A Moon Shaped Pool.