LCVG

Home Depot to recycle CFLs

GreenMonkey

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/business/24recycling.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I know folks in big cities probably have less issues with this, but my opportunities for recycling florescent bulbs are virtually nill.

I've got a 24" fluorescent, a bad projector bulb (also with mercury) and a normal CFL laying around to be recycled. I hope Home Depot is taking more than JUST CFLs and will take bigger flourescents.

I really don't have an available recycling drop-off place that I know of for anything but CFLs. There is one place that is 20 miles from my house that does it, one single Friday a month, and appointment only, and there is a charge - and I'd have to drag the baby & toddler out with me since the wife is out on internship on Fridays. Ugh :(

I really don't have an available recycling drop-off place that I know of for anything but CFLs. There is one place that is 20 miles from my house that does it, one single Friday a month, and appointment only, and there is a charge - and I'd have to drag the baby & toddler out with me since the wife is out on internship on Fridays. Ugh

Geez! That's a hassle. At that point, wouldn't there be somewhere you could just ship it in a box for much less out-of-pocket?

Geez! That's a hassle. At that point, wouldn't there be somewhere you could just ship it in a box for much less out-of-pocket?

The only place I found online was like $50 for a special container or something :( I'm open to any suggestions.

It's cool to see Home Depot doing this :tu