LCVG

Blizzard WWI 2008

Tonner Cyn

Has anyone been following what Blizzard has been doing at their site? When you navigate to http://www.blizzard.com there is an image before actually getting to the site. It looks to be some sort of ice cage/wall (?) melting or breaking. For the past 4 days they have changed the image. People noticed that each day a rune was added to the ice. The first day looked like something from Warcraft, the second from Diablo, the third from Starcraft, and now there is a fourth as yet unidentified rune. Today also had a pair of eyes added to the background that some speculate match up with the image on the Diablo 2 box. A lot of people are hoping this may be building up to an announcement of Diablo 3. I guess the WWI happens on Saturday so in any case we should know soon.

Hehehe... On-Topic= I'll admit I've been following the Blizzard image thing, it has me curious. I can't think of a franchise of theirs I wouldn't want a new game in so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy regardless but, I want to see the final image and get the announcement from them :)

Well, the fifth image is up. There is a new rune, looking like a snowflake, and the eyes have changed to look (to me) like those of Arthas. Blizzard sure is having fun keeping us on this roller coaster. Since I don't play WoW but would definitely pick up Diablo 3 (maybe even if it was an MMO), I'll be a bit disappointed if all this was just a build up to the release date for the WoW expansion.