LCVG

Wall-E

EnemaEms

Just got back from Wall-E and talk about a charming film. Wall-E could be about the best character Pixar has ever created and he has almost zero dialogue. The film is just wonderfully shot and the sound runs the gambit from explosions to the quietness off earth with the only sound of Wall-E working. I am not sure how this film is going to do now since there is literally no dialogue until the 2nd-half of the film. The crowd I was with seem to enjoy it and both the boys really liked it. The final act is something to behold. Great use of physical comedy, dialogue, and action.

The film is really a masterpiece as a film, in animation, and in storytelling. I hope all of you get a chance to see this.

-Dean-

Loved every second of it. Andrew Stanton is a fucking master storyteller and this just confirms it even more. It's filled with heart, emotion, and so many good jokes it makes most so called comedies look pathetic.

This should be a gimme Oscar for Ben Burt's sound design, and animated feature, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it had a few more noms.

I was also glad the humans weren't as despicable as I thought they might be. Sure, they're fat, and get absolutely no exercise, but they're not bad, just ignorant as they've been floating in space for hundreds of years and this is simply the life they know.

The short before Wall-E is also extremely good, and had a couple of really big laughs (along with a bunch of just normal big ones). I dunno when they started working on that one, but you get the feeling that the guys are Pixar might be fans of Portal.

Can't wait to see it again!

I liked it a lot but not nearly as much as Toy Story 1&2, Finding Nemo, and Bug's Life.

Carlos.

Ditto. The characters in Nemo, the dialog, the story, are just amazing. This movie, I was bored at times.

I must fully disclose though, that almost every single pixar movie is better the second and third viewing. I never liked Bug's Life in the theater. Now I really like it. Nemo. Monsters. Incredibles. Much better on repeat viewing. So maybe that will be the case here. But this movie is most likely my least favorite of the pixar movies. We'll see.

Another disclosure. I walked out on the movie 60% through because my daughter was bored. And she was a little bit of a distraction during the movie. But I wasn't too sad to stop watching it. I wasn't on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. But all I mean to say is that the movie will definitely get a better review upon second viewing for all these reasons. But I don't expect I will love it like the others.

I walked out on the movie 60% through because my daughter was bored. And she was a little bit of a distraction during the movie.

For this reason, I won't take my 3 year old daughter to Wall.E but Kung Fu Panda instead. My 10 year old son, on the other hand, can't wait to see this. We'll definately go see it this week.

For this reason, I won't take my 3 year old daughter to Wall.E but Kung Fu Panda instead. My 10 year old son, on the other hand, can't wait to see this. We'll definately go see it this week.
Funny, my daughter was asking to see Kung Fu Panda. I should have listened to her. Is that a more of a physical comedy with faster - paced snappy dialog? That's what my daughter likes. She's 3.

I took the family to see Wall-E yesterday. My 7-year old loved it while my 3-year old kept asking to leave and eventually fell asleep. The weekend before we went and saw Kung Fu Panda and both my children loved it and talked about it afterwards. Neither of my children mentioned Wall-E after we left the theater. I did enjoy Wall-E but it is certainly slow, and I do think a number of previous Pixar movies are better. My wife was not impressed with Wall-E.

My son (5) was bored with the movie as well, but my wife and I were awestruck. This movie is a masterpiece...easily the most sophisticated movie Pixar has ever done. And kudos to them for continuing to take huge chances with their films...most companies would be content to keep churning out Toy Stories and Cars sequels for as long as they make money; Pixar makes movies about a rat chef and an environmental cautionary tale that is 50% non-verbal.

My 4-year old sat through the whole movie staring at the screen, completely wrapped up in the movie. When we left I asked her if she liked it and she said it was her favorite movie. Of course a 4-year old's favorite movie is usually the last movie they liked. :) She asked about it several times this morning, asking when we can see it again, etc.

I thought it was the best movie Pixar has done yet, by a huge margin. It isn't the funniest, but it was definitely the most mature, moving film they've made. Repeat viewings on BluRay are a given.

Went and saw it this morning, the row behind us was a family with four kids and two of the kids were bored in 30 minutes and had to be taken out of the theater.

Now I personally loved it, thought it was not only the best thing Pixar has done, but possibly the best thing Disney has ever released. At the end my eyes were so watery, it was great.

We saw it this afternoon. My kids are between the ages of 6 and 12. They all said they liked it but my oldest seem to enjoy it more than the others.

I really liked it. Great storytelling that made me really care about these 2 characters, even without words. I highly recommend it.

The animated short in the beginning was really good. One of Pixar's better ones i thought.

Oh, and I am glad I wasn't the only one with watery eyes at the end.

I'd call it an instant classic. The only times during the movie I didn't have a smile on my face were when I was laughing out loud.

For me, it even gets an extra little nostalgia boost, as I loved Short Circuit when I was a kid.

Both my wife and I loved it. The lack of dialog and the ability to convey emotion through subtle bits of animation left me mouth breathing throughout the first half of the film. I loved Wall-E's collection of human trash and his relationship with the roach. The film was so visually stunning and the social commentary was spot on without being preachy (a gift that Pixar has). It currently falls as my third favorite Pixar film (Monster Inc. and Nemo tied for first), but as Keith said Pixar films are always better with subsequent viewings.

Okay, so how many of you Wall-E lovers will be lining up when "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" opens up?

That this trailer is attached to Wall-E has to be one of the most jarring juxtapositions of the ridiculous and the sublime since...what, Hendrix opening for the Monkees?