LCVG

Diablo 3 Discussion - (PC, PS3, X360 , PS4, XB1, Switch)

JoeyN

Info from 1up.com

The game's lead designer, Jay Wilson, then stepped on stage for a demo of the long-awaited action-RPG. Wilson showed off a muscle-bound barbarian character who he said perfectly embodied Blizzard's philosophy for Diablo III: "No such thing as too much power."

Visually, the game takes a cue from last year's big Blizzard announcement, Starcraft II; rather than go the route of amazingly realistic graphics that require a high-end computer to run, the game's engine will remain isometric with slightly stylized graphics.

The demo provided by Blizzard plucked our nostalgia strings by briefly showing Deckard Cain, a character from the previous game, interacting with the player. Blizzard also showed off the new environmental destruction system that allows for much more detailed devastation than was possible in Diablo II.

The barbarian was not the only class on display, as Wilson also unveiled a brand new class for the series: Witch Docter. This addition to the Diablo III cast will feature abilities focused around pets and taking over the minds of his or her opponents.

*Official Site is now up with Video*

Funny, I accidentally said I was born in 2005 and now the site won't show me anything and it won't let me change my setting. I can't refresh or go to the page again, it always tells me the same thing. If it wasn't so funny I'd be complaining how the blizzard web guys are jerks. But it is funny.

Funny, I accidentally said I was born in 2005 and now the site won't show me anything and it won't let me change my setting. I can't refresh or go to the page again, it always tells me the same thing. If it wasn't so funny I'd be complaining how the blizzard web guys are jerks. But it is funny.

Hehe, I've done that a few times. I think a cookie clear does the job.

*faints*

/rushes to reinstall Diablo I and II

I'm in a state of nirvana over here. I'm so utterly happy that Blizzard are still keeping the isometric viewpoint and going with more of a Starcraft II style update on the visuals. The screenshots and video look stellar!! Opening up the website and being met by Tyriel was a treat.:tu

Watching the video - they utterly nailed it (DECKARD CAIN!). The look, the feel, the new gameplay additions and the endless quest for bigger and better loot. Hearing the swoosh sound as weapons/armor fall to the ground about made jump around like a little girl. 2010?! (the date being lobbied about). This needs to be on shelves NOW! NOW! NOW!

jubjub, Ghost is long long dead.

As for Diablo3, looking forward to seeing their pseudo-random encounter system. I've worked on similar systems, doing it well is hard but boy, it's got tons of potential for replay ability. It's a challenge I'd love to work on again.

Yes! After being worried that it would turn out to be a WoW announcement, this has me excited. Of course, being Blizzard, I don't expect this to show up for at least a year, though the fact that they have some gameplay ready to look at is encouraging.

While I would love to see D3 on the 360, I am not expecting it at all.

I'm not a big Diablo fan, but III looks freakin' sweet. I'm assuming online co-op goodness is a given?

EDIT: I just dusted off my copy of Dungeon Siege II after watching more Diablo III gameplay videos. Loved it but never did finish it.