LCVG

Spoilers?

Starhawk

Do you avoid or seek out Spoilers?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you avoid or seek out Spoilers?

• I generally avoid Spoilers.
    • Im generally OK with Spoilers.

I needed an option to select It Depends, but I picked I that I read spoilers more than I do not because that's the truth.

I avoid all spoilers on things that I'm pretty much sure I'm going to love (The Dark Knight). On most things though I never know if I'm really going to like it so I'll read stuff that has some spoilers. Doesn't bother me much to be spoiled, as if it's well done I will still enjoy seeing/reading/playing.

I hate and fear spoilers. Mostly because I am not a "first run" person, and I tend to watch movies and TV shows, read books, and play games a few months or even years after everyone else. For example, right now I am almost done with season 2.5 of Battlestar Galatica, and I live in fear that I will happen across some random comment somewhere that will tip me off to the next Cylon, or what happens to the main characters.

I'm going to pray that was a joke, because you're not that mean, Joey. (right? i hope?) :)

Just came in to add, to some extent it does depend on the material, and how reliant it is on a big reveal. You can't spoil Two and a Half Men. You can't spoil Road Runner. We all know that the bird is going to get away from the coyote, the joy is finding out how. But entertainment that relies on shocking twists or mysteries is absolutely ruined when you find out the twist before the creator builds to it.

I hate and fear spoilers. Mostly because I am not a "first run" person, and I tend to watch movies and TV shows, read books, and play games a few months or even years after everyone else. For example, right now I am almost done with season 2.5 of Battlestar Galatica, and I live in fear that I will happen across some random comment somewhere that will tip me off to the next Cylon, or what happens to the main characters.

God, I used to be like that about 24. I started watching it on DVD and I think season 3 or 4 was on at the time.

I'm big on avoiding spoilers, especially when it comes to games and movies. For example, I was late to the party with Bioshock. I never read the thread until I finished the game. If there is a story driven game, I don't even look at the achievements for fear of giving something away. I have avoided almost the entire MGS4 thread. I may glance to read impressions but will quickly stop reading a post with spoilers. I also avoid movie discussion threads, once the film has been released and the forum members have seen it.