LCVG

Fourth of July, '08

Jordan_E

Well, due to our local city rules of "if it goes up or blows up, it's illegal," we're having a pretty low-key 4th this year. Had The Man shut us down last year. So, the wife and daughter are going over to the in-laws for the afternoon and I'll be watching baseball. Oh well...

Just got in from work. Time for some rest, and then BBQ

oh and Fireworks around here are pretty much only the Macys one, and a few official ones at the state parks. no more regular people shooting them off, as the cops come around. Used to be awesome around here

Blew up about $500-$600 worth of fireworks last night. Finished off about Midnight with a fountain that was called "Grotesque Fountain." Needless to say, it was worth the hundred bucks I paid for it. :)

Also had some real good mortars this year. Beer and fireworks, that is how I love to celebrate my Independence. :)

-Dean-

People up the street set off a ton of mortars. It was a nice, cheap way to enjoy the Fourth, and we didn't get nailed by The Man like last year, although a cop on motorcycle did give a warning to the neighbors, who waited around 10 minutes before starting up again. It had rained just before sunset, so the area had been nice and damp, so no local fires.

Since JAWS is on my annual July 4th movie schedule... :eek:shock:

The only scary thing on the Jersey shore are guys named "Vinny" who spend too much time at tanning salons, wear leather vests, and think everyone (but they) are gay.