LCVG

Wizard 101

EnemaEms

So, after hearing John Davidson talking about this on the 1up Yours podcast, I decided to check it out. I just got accepted to the Free Beta this morning and will play it later today. I like the idea for this MMO and I like that it is family oriented. I will play this with the 9-year old tonight and if he likes it, will set up an account for him as well.

It downloads in the background and the PC specs are minimal. It will essentially run on almost all current machines. Only a Geforce 2, Pentium 1Ghz, and 512MB of RAM are required.

You can check out the site here.

I'll post some impressions later tonight.

-Dean-

Just spent two hours with Wizard 101. Very fun little MMO. The battles are card based and anyone can join in mid-battle (looks like up to 4 players). The game world loads in the background as you play so you don't have to wait for the game to install. The game has a cartoony look to it, but still looks nice. There are mini-games in teh fairgrounds that are based off of classics like Dig Dug and Planet Puzzle League. Playing these rechaerges your Mana, gets you gold, and prizes (I got a new pair of boots from Dig Dug). THe 9 Year Old already wants his own account so I added him to mine and am just awaiting the invite. If the fee is as affordable as they are saying, I will be subscribing. The game is much more user friendly, family-friendly, and not complex at all. Just what I wanted.

-Dean-