LCVG

Amazon Release day Delivery .. (Free for Prime members)

JoeyN

Amazon starting with Soul Calibur IV is offering release day delivery. Free for Prime Members and $6 for non members. A Prime member I have to say I'm a happy camper. If they do this with all the major releases bye bye Gamestop

That's pretty sweet. Someone talk me into justifying $79 for prime. I usually just go for free shipping as I rarely need quick delivery but release day for games makes it more tempting.

Do you guys share an Amazon account and split the cost of Prime?

We'll I paid and Joey and Parents reek the benefits:)

Same, I gave Prime to my immediate family before the holidays last year, and they all thought I was crazy for spending the money on it. By Christmas, they had realized it was the best thing ever created, and were begging me never to cancel.

I know I need to think long term, but it just seems so hard to let $79 go in one shot. Although I want it to be, I'm not convinced it's worth it for me.

Dave, don't think only in terms of DVDs, Games, Music and books. I order shampoo, vitamins, aspirin, camera stuff, kids toys, gifts for family that live far away.... etc. That 2-day free shipping probably pays for itself in 3 months. On top of Amazon being cheaper than the supermarket and other stores, there is no tax.

Signed up for it today. Didn't know about the four "invites" you could give to let people use your prime account, very nice.

Do the people you share it with have to be under the same household? Any restrictions? I'm assuming your financial/account data stays private from those you share prime with. Correct?

Do the people you share it with have to be under the same household? Any restrictions? I'm assuming your financial/account data stays private from those you share prime with. Correct?

Which addresses can I ship to using Amazon Prime?

Members can ship eligible items to any valid address in the continental United States as long as it meets the restrictions outlined in the Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions. Members are not limited to shipping eligible purchases exclusively to their home billing address. Certain addresses such as P.O. Boxes are excluded from One-Day and Two-Day delivery services because our express carriers are unable to ship to these addresses. Members are entitled to Free Standard Shipping on eligible items shipped to some addresses ineligible for express shipping. See the "Eligible Purchases" section of the Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions for full eligibility rules.

How do I share Amazon Prime with members of my household?

Inviting family members to share your Amazon Prime membership is easy. Simply log into "Your Account" and click on the link to "Your Amazon Prime Membership." There you will see a list of your current membership, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.

* To add a member: Enter the person's name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday in the appropriate fields and click "Invite." An invitation e-mail message automatically will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that invited members will need to know the month and day of your birthday to accept your invitation.

* To remove a member: Click the "Remove" button next to the name of the person you wish to remove. An e-mail message automatically will be sent to the person you remove.

The others using your prime account will not see your financial information..Unless they are logged onto your computer.

None of my family or close friends use prime, nor are they interested in it and I wouldn't really use it enough to really justify the full cost. I guess they are not the media hounds that most LCVGers are.

Anyway, anybody have an open slot that wants to share their prime? If interested I can paypal you my share of the $80. Hook a brother up!!!

After analyzing the wife's purchase history I went ahead and bit on Amazon prime. She tends to order CDs, books, and DVDs that end up needing order padding. Hopefully this saves us a few bucks spent on filler here and there, as well as being useful for ordering school books (can't wait for slow super saver shipping for school books).

This little perk I think tipped me over the edge on it.