LCVG

Amped 2 or Crimson Skies

DataTox

Hey gang, been loving the RS3 games over the past week or so. I have come in to a little good fortune and want to pick up another Live game this week. I have boiled my choice down to the 2 in the topic header and would like some advice from the folks here whose opinion I trust.

If you could only have one of those games (to those that already have both), which would it be and why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have Amped 2, as I was put off by its more difficult "sim" nature, but from people's comments, I gather that Amped 2 is the new MM3, i.e. balls-out racing mayhem and chat. Crimson Skies is an excellent single-player game as well as being a blast Live. Remember, you don't get to "kill" anyone in Amped 2.

Pay no attention to Allen's predilection for gaming in the nude.

:shock: Yikes!!!

I am a former snowboarder and really enjoyed the first Amped, causing me to lean in that direction. The idea of online dogfighting, however, does intrigue me.

Thanks for the responses guys and keep em coming.

They are both very good games and are taking up the majority of my Live time currently.

Here are my quick thoughts:

Crimson Skies

Pros: great single player game, live has a variety of very fun play modes, lots of LCVGers have it

Cons: Needs more maps quickly. If more maps are not released I can see it beginning to wear thin but if more are released it could become legendary.

Amped 2

Pros: good single player game, VERY well done live integration, free ride mode makes for better live conversation, Many mountains with multiple runs on each

Cons: fewer LCVGers have it

They are both must haves and whichever one you pass on make sure to get it in the future, but

right at this moment if I had to choose one I would have to say Amped 2. I have always been a fan of the Tony Hawk games and their open ended feel where you can just pick a level and skate for a while. Amped 2 is like that. Playing it requires more technique/skill and when you pull off a double forward flip with style it MEANS something.

-I have not seen Amped 2, so I am surprised and intrigued that Bryan says that is "by far the prettier game." I do own Crinson Skies and I believe that it is the prettiest online title I have yet to see by far. And now to think that Amped 2 could possibly beat CS in the graphics department, I definately need to see this game now.

-I'm having a great time with CS and I would recommend it without hesitation. You have a tough choice,... maybe you could give the devil a call and see if he'll take a trade in deal for your soul! :twisted: ;)

PS there is a PDF of a coupon floating around for $10 off amped 2 at BB at the moment if you can't find it just PM me I may have a copy of it around here.

And FYI if you need to renew your XB Live kit Best Buy has the deal where you get $20 off a live game (A2 and CS are included) if you buy the renewl kit.

I'd have to say that with just a normal TV (27" WEGA for me), I think Crimson Skies is the better looking game - while Amped 2 is nice looking, I am actually slightly disappointed with it. The draw distance and the graphics are all very nice, but the edges aren't very smooth sometimes - things can be a bit jagged.

It's still a good game and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but if I had to choose between buying one of the other, I would go with Crimson Skies. (But that's not based on graphics - I just enjoy CS more at the moment :D )

Let's put it this way, the difference in gameplay is massive compared to the difference in graphics.

Amped is a game for 'technicians' - you need good controller skills, some patience, and to love a good challenge.

Crimson Skies is more arcade-like, but you need a good sense of space, and decent reflexes.

All IMO.