LCVG

When it rains,it pours...

Calvin

Some of you know my wife,Leslie aka Chatakinns. I just wanted to let you know that she is in the hospital. Somehow she got a extremely bad leg infection which was potentially fatal. (Thank God I convinced her to go...)

She's been in since Friday & will be there for at least this week.The antibiotics aren't working as well as the doctor had hoped so they need to try another kind. That's all I know at the moment - please help me in wishing for a full recovery.Thanks.

[exit lurker mode]Hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds, but I thought I'd chime in with an update since Cal is probably not online much right now. I talked to both Cal and Leslie on Monday. If I didn't know better I'd never know anything was wrong with her, she sounds just fine. Apparently her cat scratched her at some point last week and the wound healed over with all kinds of nasty left on the inside, progressively getting worse. She said she doesn't feel too hot, but overall not too bad, lots of meds are keeping her pain free (Morphine ftw!) I asked what her long term prognosis was and she said they're going to give her a pic-line (sp?) so she can go in for weekly antibiotics for the next several weeks, but if everything goes well she'll be outta the hospital on Friday. So, there you go.

[exit lurker mode]Hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds, but I thought I'd chime in with an update since Cal is probably not online much right now. I talked to both Cal and Leslie on Monday. If I didn't know better I'd never know anything was wrong with her, she sounds just fine. Apparently her cat scratched her at some point last week and the wound healed over with all kinds of nasty left on the inside, progressively getting worse. She said she doesn't feel too hot, but overall not too bad, lots of meds are keeping her pain free (Morphine ftw!) I asked what her long term prognosis was and she said they're going to give her a pic-line (sp?) so she can go in for weekly antibiotics for the next several weeks, but if everything goes well she'll be outta the hospital on Friday. So, there you go.

Sounds like she's on a solid road to recovery. Good to hear. :)