LCVG

Tropic Thunder

I've been waiting for this ever since I saw the red band trailer. It seems kind of like Zoolander, except lampooning a different industry and with guns and gore. :rock

I noticed this website for Ben Stiller's character that is hilarious, and links to a couple fake trailers that'll be in the movie. Will be the last big movie for the summer I think, releases 8/15.

You should try and find the redband trailer. Pretty funny and gross stuff in there. I'm defin. there opening weekened

*Warning: Red Band Trailer*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDtdhiCm6A

Also, regarding the rating, I heard it's a hard R and doesn't shy away from any gore or language. The prop head part in this trailer had me rolling. :lol

• 3 weeks later...

Damn this movie looks funny. RDjr was on Leno a few nights ago and they showed the expanded scene where he quotes the theme to The Jeffersons to the other dude.

I gotta say, this is my most anticipated comedy movie in a long, long time. I hope it doesn't dissappoint.

Carlos.

I think the Tom Cruise bit was suppose to be a secret ;)

Tom Cruise was actually upset about the cameo being leaked over the net. He said it ruined the fun experience for the moviegoers with the little surprise.

I remember seeing Austin Powers 3 in the theater and the whole crowd was cheering and laughing when they saw Cruise.

I think the Tom Cruise bit was suppose to be a secret ;)

Tom Cruise was actually upset about the cameo being leaked over the net. He said it ruined the fun experience for the moviegoers with the little surprise.

Oh, sorry. :(

I blame Ben Stiller, though. I read it in this article on the resurgence of R-rated comedies...

It was on AICN more than months ago. I guess the studio's were late in shutting down the links that they just let it hang out. And since the secret's out, I believe the role was suppose to go to Owen Wilson before he went crazy. Kinda funny, now that I think of it, that Tom Cruise was Wilson's replacement.

Funniest movie of the year. Unfortunately, I've only seen two comedies.

Non-stop laughs. For a while there I was kind of tired of Jack Black and Ben Stiller's "style" of comedy (aka they seem to play the same character in every movie). However, I think they kept that "style" to a minimum in this film, and their character portrayals were hysterical.

Almost shot popcorn out of my nose at RDJ's response to the guy's ramble about the HD format war! Many laugh out loud funny moments and the more you know about Hollywood the better! RDJ's reasoning why Stiller's "full retard" method didn't work was pure genius! Loved this movie.