LCVG

Which Movie Was Better???

PHiL

Batman:Dark Knight or Iron Man?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Batman:Dark Knight or Iron Man?

• Batman: Dark Knight
    • Iron Man

I did not vote. For me, this is not even a conversation if you do not include Spiderman 2. Still probably my favorite movie based on a superhero, at least until I see Dark Knight again.

As much as I enjoyed Iron Man, the movie came down a notch with the lack of a worthwhile villian. It is pretty bad when you have to dumb down the hero just so it seems as if the villian has a chance.

I thought Iron Man was great, but The Dark Knight is one of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time. Superhero or otherwise.

I think I'm one of the few that had an issue with Spider-Man 2, although it was a rather small issue. The whole plot of his power cutting out, I guess becuase he was sad or something, just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, I don't remember Spider-man's power not working when he was stressed. Maybe I missed something, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but that always bugged me. Not a HUGE issue, and CERTAINLY didn't detract from my enjoyment of the movie, but I put that in the same league with the Iron-Man villian complaint.

It happened before in the comics.

Really?! I honestly didn't know that, and I have hundreds of Spider-man comics. Just out of curiosity, what are the "rules" to this? It ALWAYS bothered me that his powers went away (clear to the point of him needing glasses again) and then returned RIGHT when Doc Oc attacked and took Mary Jane.

I don't remember the exact details. There was an issue where his powers did not work a long time ago. I saw it on a old spidey documentary. Then another time peters genes started transforming during an experiment of his to get rid of the spider genes. At first it worked, then he grew 4 arms :-)

I don't remember the exact details. There was an issue where his powers did not work a long time ago. I saw it on a old spidey documentary. Then another time peters genes started transforming during an experiment of his to get rid of the spider genes. At first it worked, then he grew 4 arms :-)

That sounds like an issue of "What if..."? :)

But I vaguely remember this happening.

The issue with his powers was always mental. The Doc Ock attack gave him focus and made him realize this is who he is and he cannot deny it any longer.

I want to say that paticular plot point goes all the way back to when Stan Lee was still writing it. I started reading when the black suit came to be and I remember it being referred to at some point.

I believe the Spidery 2 thing (along with reason) was taken straight from the comics. The moment Peter doesn't believe in himself or the need for the powers, he loses it. I wish they explained it more detailed, though. I actually thought it was a setup for the mutant spider.

And Iron Man, as good as it was does not stand a chance against TDK

This is a tough call as I do think Iron Man was an excellent film. I give The Dark Knight the edge mainly because I preferred the more serious subject matter and tone. Of course, the across-the-board top level performances in TDK also makes a difference. It could get interesting when Iron Man 2 comes out and no longer is restricted to an origin story introducing multiple characters.