LCVG

Downgrading from Vista to XP

Starhawk

A friend on my mom's as asked me if I would help her downgrade her computer from Vista to XP. From what I've read, I should be able to take my XP disc, install it on her computer, then when the Activation screen comes up, choose the phone installation and dial into Microsoft. The licenses are supposed to be transferrable, and we should be able to install XP instead of Vista (but not at the same time). It's a new computer so there isnt anything to back up and I should be able to just clean install over Vista.

Anyone have experience with this? Is is this simple or should I be watching out for anything else?

A friend on my mom's as

Think you forgot an 's" but who am I to nitpick.

Anyone have experience with this? Is is this simple or should I be watching out for anything else

I can't say I have had experience with your mom's ass, but I have had with other people's mom's asses. Only thing I would watch out for is the husband.

-Dean-

No harm trying, but I was always under the assumption that you cannot go back as Windows will recognize a newer version already installed and cancel.

Even if it is possible, there's bound to be unnecessary left over files from Vista.

I did it the easy way.

Step One: Open Command Prompt

Step Two: Format C:

Step Three: Pop in Windows XP disc and boot up computer

Think you forgot an 's" but who am I to nitpick.

I can't say I have had experience with your mom's ass, but I have had with other people's mom's asses. Only thing I would watch out for is the husband.

-Dean-

Do you ever take a day off from being a prick?