LCVG

2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

PHiL

Surprised no one made a thread about this yet.. I watch the majority of Olympic events.. Which events if any are you guys into? Or Just chat about the games in general..

Here is NBC's home page for the games.. NBC OLYMPICS

Swimmer Amanda Beard was to have her PETA Bare Ad in Beijing where she was posed naked in front of an American flag.. But Beijing authority stopped it.. Bare Ad hits Snnag

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching. I'm more of a winter games fan, but I must admit that I like watching all the human drama that goes with gymnastics, and China always represents there. With this on their home turf, I fully expect to see some ridiculously amazing athletes from them.

I missed the opening thing last night, but Ill check the NBC Olympic on Demand channel to see if its up there.

Thats the one good thing this year. Time Warner even though they dont normally carry USA HD, and a few others have made a deal to have them during the Olympics. We also got HD Olympic Basketball, HD Olympic Soccer, and On Demand HD.

The opening ceremonies might have been the best yet. Simply spectacular. China went all out. They had 15,000 participants in their show. I stayed up last night and caught one of the early gold medals in shooting. As an Olympics junkie, I'm in a hog heaven for a few weeks.

I decided to record the opening ceremonies on my DVR because a coworker (who is Chineese) was saying how grandios is was supposed to be. It certainly impressed and looked great in HD.

Sweet womens beach volleyball is on right now. You gotta love them ass shots in spectacular HD. :)