LCVG

Online Canadian movie rentals

James T

I was part of Rogersvideodirect.ca and left them when I found Canflix.ca. Canflix seemed like a better deal as it was a couple bux cheaper and had the option of games. But the transition inbetween was horrible as Rogersvideodirect said I never returned my last set of DVDs, which I found odd since there was no problems leading up to the last two rentals. End result is that they charged my cc and I'm not going back to them.

Canflix.ca seems to be slow on shipping. They were always slow. For example, if I return a movie on Monday and check off online that it was returned, they'll ship out a movie on Friday(I'm always under the quota, so they're not waiting for a physical return). But now, I've returned 4 movies in a span of 3 weeks and and 3 separate shipments and not one is returned. I've sent 3 emails and not one has been responded to. So I'm just about ready to cancel there as well.

I believe those are the top two sites, so is there anything else out there? I believe Rogersvideodirect is now zip.ca as well

I use Zip.ca and have had no problems in 2-years. I mail my movies on Monday, check off that I have returned them, and I almost always receive a Shipping email on the Tuesday evening when they receive them. I then get all my movies by Thursday or Friday. I only rent Blu-ray or HD-DVD and find the selection to be great. I always have about 100 movies on my list, and add movies as they appear in the theater. By the time they show up on Blu-Ray they are near or at the top of my list. My only complaint is that when I initially add the movies, Blu-ray is not an option and I do have to change this option later.

Not sure about movies, but if you're interested in games, gameaccess.ca is definitely worth a look. I've been using them for a couple of years now, and any problems I've had with shipping (twice games never made it to me) have been addressed very quickly, and with free service for any interruptions because of Canada Post stupidities.

What Zyzomys said :) I love Zip.ca. I got a scratched up disc that wouldn't play right once, but shortly after reporting the problem they sent another copy (before I'd sent the damaged one back). They've also sent me too many discs a few times. I mean, I think I'm only supposed to have 3 at a time, but sometimes they'll suddenly send a 4th, and once they even sent a 5th. As long as they only screw that up in my favor, I have no complaints :)

Also love zip. I've gotten damaged discs 3 times since January. Each time, they screwed up and sent me 7 or 8 discs at once. It's awesome. I almost hope for more damaged discs to show up. :P

I was with gameaccess for awhile for games & found them to be pretty good.