LCVG

Pro Football Pick'em League 2008

Carlucci

It's that time of year again. I had a lot of fun with this last year and narrowly lost to our reigning champion, Phil. (old thread, here)

This year, I hope to get many more participants. It takes very little effort to sign up and make your picks, but it makes watching football much more fun because you have an interest in every single game.

So let's see if Phil can keep his title. I set up a Private league for LCVG using Yahoo. You will need a FREE Yahoo account, so get one if you don't already have one.

Here are the details:

You have been invited to join mendocd's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em.

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, click the "Sign Up" button. From there, follow the path to join an existing private group and when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 19791

Password: pwd4lcvg

I set the league up using the point spread, but NOT with confidence points. If you guys would rather use confidence points, let me know. I can change this setting.

I recommend using your LCVG name as your PickSet name, so we'll all know who's who.

The league can accomodate up to 50 players, so there's plenty of room right now.

Post here when you join!

Carlos.

Confidence points?

Confidence points reward you for being sure that a given team is going to win. Basically, when you make your picks, you then assign a confidence ranking from 1-x on how sure you are, distributing the 1-x throughout your picks. Only 1 of your picks can have the highest ranking, and your next surest pick will have the next highest ranking, all the way down. When your team wins, you get more points for a pick you made with high confidence than for one you made with low confidence.

I dunno, you guys tell me what you think. going with the point spread makes it almost a 50-50 guess on almost every game. Adding confidence points might reward skill a bit more.

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not too late to sign up!

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, click the "Sign Up" button. From there, follow the path to join an existing private group and when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 19791

Password: pwd4lcvg

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...