LCVG

NCAA Football 2008 Season

Dimness

Lots of interesting stories for the year. Your thoughts?

1. Rich Rodriguez at Michigan

- Being one of the two coaches who uses the spread run/option (the other being Urban Meyer), he will definitely make things interesting in the Big Ten. But will he be able to finally get over the hump and win it all at Michigan? Me thinks so, but not for another four years. I watched West Virginia football because of this guy.

2. Slick Rick is back at UCLA

- I'm surprised this wasn't an obvious thing ages ago, but to be honest, I don't remember much of Rick Neuheisel. I thought he ran the single-back option, but I could totally be wrong.

3. Georgia For The National Title?

- I think they can do it. Only Florida seems to be the team that's reloading this year. It ain't going to be Ohio State, that's for sure. Speaking of which...

4. Is Ohio State the new Oklahoma?

- AKA great regular season and embarrasment on the national scene?

5. Can Tim Tebow win another Heisman?

- So what if he's a system quarterback? Any system that gives a quarterback license to throw or run roughshod over defenders should not be taken lightly.

6. Will Charlie Weis keep his job after this year?

- Only if he wins eight games.

7. Who will quit first: JoePa or Bobby Bowden?

3. Georgia For The National Title?

- I think they can do it. Only Florida seems to be the team that's reloading this year. It ain't going to be Ohio State, that's for sure. Speaking of which...

The game in Jacksonville will be huge. Florida will be looking for some payback but that will depend on how healthy they are. They've already suffered 5 ACL injuries and Harvin isn't 100%. Defense should be better but that isn't saying much after how horrible they were last year.

Ohio State plays at USC next month. The loser will still have enough time to rebound and be back in contention by November if they run the table.

5. Can Tim Tebow win another Heisman?

- So what if he's a system quarterback? Any system that gives a quarterback license to throw or run roughshod over defenders should not be taken lightly.

Tebow won't be running as much this year unless the running backs turn into fumbling machines again. If Harvin can stay healthy he'll be a contender as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its 2004 all over...

I don't remember the 2004 season well, but just last year the 2007 rankings were all over the place. (3 top 5 teams lost in one week about this time) It was wild all the way to the end.

Texas is in the top 5 after the latest polls but we have the meat of our schedule coming up. We face 2 of the teams currently ranked higher than us over the next month, Oklahoma and Mizzou. The Big 12 is rockin'.

Gonna be exciting...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not a big fan of Big Ten football at all, but if there is one team I at least respect, it's Penn State. I would love to see JoePa retire his last game as a champion.

Otherwise, Texas vs. Texas Tech is going to be a lot of fun. Alabama is the new Ohio State (they win close, and they're very unexciting to watch).