LCVG

Tiger Woods 09

PHiL

Its coming out in a week.. There hasn't been much talk about it..

The last tiger woods game i bought was 2004 and 2005.. But to me they were almost the same.. This years looks like there was alot of improvements.. So i will be picking it up.. Anyone else interested in picking this up?

I get it every year. It's my favorite franchise, even over Madden. (maybe because I'm actually good at it).

This year's version looks to finally be stepping up to where Links was 4 years ago.

Nice well have to get some games going.. Played the Demo yesterday to sure up my mind.

Played the demo. I have gotten the last few incarnations and it just seems like there hasn't been much of an evolution. I guess how many different things can you do to add sparkle to golf?

It may be revisionist history but I remember enjoying "Links" much more.

I remember we had great turnout for online tournaments.

I skipped 2008, had 2007 and I played it a lot. This version is a significant enough jump over 2007 for me to consider buying in again. The swing mechanics are way better, there is more forms of feedback to help improve the swings. Training mode in the demo was better as well.

Graphics were unchanged, and otherwise a few more courses added. New putting line feature over 2007 takes almost all guesswork out of putting, luckily you don't have to use it.

If there weren't so many games coming over the next 3 months, I'd consider this. But unfortunately sports titles are going to suffer this year for me.

I played the demo again, found myself really getting into the club tuner. It really does not seem to be anything more than slider's for golf, but it worked really well and raised my interest alot. I also like the idea of your skills being affected by how well you played a round.

I agree the putting system needs to be reworked but it's playable. The putt preview is crap but is not an option on tour mode which is the only way I play once my guy has leveled up.

My copy has shipped from Gamefly and I plan on giving it some time for anyone that wants to play some rounds.

Played the demo. I have gotten the last few incarnations and it just seems like there hasn't been much of an evolution. I guess how many different things can you do to add sparkle to golf?

It may be revisionist history but I remember enjoying "Links" much more.

I remember we had great turnout for online tournaments.

It's not revisionist history. Links is still a great game of golf. I played it a bunch a few months ago and it was as good as I remember it. I would kill for a new Links game with Hi-Res graphics, more courses, and better online (even though it was pretty good at it is).

I've never been a big fan of Tiger. I pacing seems much slower, the arcadey elements turn me off, and I've never really been able to get used to the swing mechanics (specifically the putting).

Definitely enjoying it more than '08 so far. They made some small adjustments that really added alot to the overall game.

Does anyone else notice a difference with their Gameface? Last year the character looked exactly like me, this year, not so much.