LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

It does. But if they are giving away all those kills in the trailer there must be a ton of people that die.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:01 AM, Angry the Clown said:

That’s the first of the Disney remakes to genuinely have my interest.

I'm interested in The Lion King the most, I've never seen Mulan, after this trailer I'm interested though.

The animated Mulan is great. Well worth seeing. It’s beautifully animated and has a superb score by Jerry Goldsmith that’s arguably one of the best scores a Disney animated film has ever had (big shoes for composer Harry Gregson Williams to fill with the live action version, but I like him).

It doesn’t look like they’re going with any of the songs or even Mushu in the remake.

• Like 1

I thought Maleficent was a great movie.  A wonderful surprise.  I much prefer these darker alternative takes instead of a live-action remake.  

I really like the movie Mulan because I'm a sucker for the underdog hero stories.  Just can't get enough of those.

The trailer did not touch on my favorite parts of the original in that way.  It made her look like more of a badass like Black Widow. 

I've had enough of "Females in leather who kick eveyone's asses because, well, because that's awesome that's why" characters.  

I prefer the approach in the original where she wasn't a bad-ass female character.  She was a competent, motivated, and smart character who was over her head and yet somehow continuously surprised herself and others.  Like Captain America in the first movie before he got his powers. Or like in Karate Kid... you never got the feeling that Daniel was the best.  But on this day everyone underestimated him and on this day he was the best.

I hope they don't make her a ninja, because then that dilutes the tension of her being in peril.  Also, seeing her on the battlefield wearing nothing but some sort of robe or dress with her long hair flowing in the wind, reminds me of videogames where woman are completely inappropriately dressed but they look beautiful so that's all that matters.  Its what they do with Black Widow.  She doesn't need any type of shield or vest because, she would look less hot that way.  

I hope that scene is explained by her being attacked at an inopportune time, and not because she is some invisible chick who doesn't need proper warrior attire.