LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

On 12/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, NickC said:

Tenet Trailer

I saw a 10-minute "Tenet Prologue" before Star Wars in IMAX last week.  I still have no idea what the movie is about, but it looks terrific.

24 minutes ago, Whooter said:

I saw a 10-minute "Tenet Prologue" before Star Wars in IMAX last week.  I still have no idea what the movie is about, but it looks terrific.

yep that it as well

• Like 1

Disney have not only managed to get Joe Johnston involved with their new Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie, but they've apparently managed to persuade Rick Moranis to do it too. That's quite something. I'd assumed this was a Disney+ project but apparently it's theatrical. 

• Like 1

A shocker to be sure based on earlier material. Love it when expectations are blown away.

Victor Lucas calls Sonic The Hedgehog movie - the best game based movie ever.

The original always creeped me out. This doesn’t look bad...(and yes, Tony Todd reprises the role)

Jungle Cruise has now been kicked to July 2021. Would that make it the longest delay yet for any film affected by COVID-19 (not necessarily in terms of months from its original date, but simply how late into 2021 a film has been bumped to)?

Kenneth Branagh's Artemis Fowl is the only title Disney are scrapping a theatrical release for in favour of throwing onto Disney+.  

https://deadline.com/2020/04/black-widow-mulan-artemis-fowl-marvel-movies-release-date-changes-box-office-coronavirus-1202900118/

Summer’s wide release calendar now appears as follows.

June 19

Soul (Dis)

Fatale (LG)

The King of Staten Island (Uni)

July 3

Free Guy (20th/Dis)

July 10

Untitled Purge (Uni)

July 17

Bob’s Burgers (20th/Dis)

Tenet (WB)

July 24

Mulan (Dis)

Come Play (Focus)

July 31

SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run (Par)

Barb and Star Go to Vista del Mar (LG)

August 7

Empty Man (20th/Dis)

Infinite (Par)

August 14

Wonder Woman 1984 (WB)

The One and Only Ivan (Dis)

Nobody (Uni)

August 21

Let Him Go (Foc)

Bill & Ted Face the Music (UAR)

Untitled Fred Hampton project (WB)

August 28

Hitman’s Bodyguard Part 2 (LG)

Spell (Par)

Sept 4 – Labor Day weekend

The Beatles: Get Back (Dis)

Monster Hunter (Sony)

A Quiet Place Part II (Par)

I still can't help but think anything slated for June/July is being optimistic.

I'm surprised and happy that Disney still see Bob's Burgers as being fit for a theatrical release, but if it can't make that July date I'd be worried they'll just send it direct to video.

Reading through the book series right now (I'm on God Emperor of Dune). Love the movie and find the Sci Fi series okay. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Dimness said:

Reading through the book series right now (I'm on God Emperor of Dune). Love the movie and find the Sci Fi series okay. Looking forward to it.

The Stillsuits look fucking amazing man.

0520-Dune-Ebmed-06.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, dienekes96 said:

I’ll see any and every movie DV makes.

I missed my opportunity to do so, but was the new Blade Runner any good? I kind of avoided any discussion about it until now.

It's extremely good. James Gunn went so far as to call it better than the original; I would not go that far, but it is well worth your time.

• Like 1

I was on the DV train with Sicario (so, a little late).  2049, against all odds, was a worthy sequel and my favorite film that year.

• Like 1

They haven't shot both Dune movies back to back have they? Villeneuve insisted on splitting it in two but I can't seem to find a definitive answer, however I know it's been said John Spaihts stepped back from show running the spin-off TV series to work on Part II of the film, so I am presuming they will be filming them separately? Warner and Legendary are apparently committed to two parts so hopefully things won't change if box office does not meet expectations. 

I do not believe they did, I think Warner is just locked into both films like they did with IT. Kind of like what happened also with Godzilla King of Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong

Scarface remake to be written by the Coen Brothers / directed by Luca Guadagnino

EYAAkRwUwAAPc-3?format=jpg&name=medium

tenor.gif?itemid=10903641

• Like 1

That’s just one of those malleable stories you can keep re-inventing every few decades like A Star is Born. I’m excited to see what those three come up with.

Reminds me I need to grab the Blu-ray of the 1932 version now that it’s finally available.

If I had a list of overrated movies, Scarface would be pretty near the top. That said, I'd be open to seeing a Cohen adaptation. Maybe a musical. 

I'm curious to see if they will let people buy that on iTunes too. 

There are reports Apple are looking to licence catalogue film and TV content to fill out ATV+ now as well. 

If apple bought it for the service, I would think it would be a while before its available for purchase. 

Its going to get harder and harder for Netflix and Apple to license catalogs , as all the big companies have their own services , or will soon