LCVG

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

6 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

If apple bought it for the service, I would think it would be a while before its available for purchase. 

Perhaps, yeah. I'd be stupid to cut out that option to make money though. I don't think any streaming service gains much from withholding their content exclusively after 6-12 months. It's just denying themselves more opportunities for revenue in the long term (though probably better to limit to sales rather than rentals were the likes of Netflix ever to put say, The Irishman, onto iTunes).

6 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Its going to get harder and harder for Netflix and Apple to license catalogs , as all the big companies have their own services , or will soon

MGM's probably their best best, and allegedly they have been talking to them recently. Fox's distribution rights to MGM's catalogue expire this summer (though that only ever accounted for DVD and Blu-ray. MGM have always handled their catalogue on download platforms like iTunes). 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, regarding Dan’s staggering cultural myopia.  I’ve let it stew for more than 24 hours, but no more.   If an alien species communicated with us, querying what it is to be human, askin

Wonder Woman sequel looks like a lot of fun.    

Posted Images

Apple is apparently on the verge of doing a deal with Paramount to produce Killers of the Flower Moon, a Scorsese/DiCaprio/De Niro project that they'd had at Paramount for a while, but another (like The Irishman) that Paramount were just not willing to fund due to the increasing budget. Paramount have the rights to this project, but Apple would now fund it as an Apple Original, with Paramount benefiting from a theatrical release before it goes to ATV+

Since this deal has apparently yet to be inked there's no additional detail about whether Paramount could release the film on Blu-ray...etc.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/killers-of-the-flower-moon-martin-scorsese-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-apple-paramount-1202904816/

Interesting times.

5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Apple is apparently on the verge of doing a deal with Paramount to produce Killers of the Flower Moon, a Scorsese/DiCaprio/De Niro project that they'd had at Paramount for a while, but another (like The Irishman) that Paramount were just not willing to fund due to the increasing budget. Paramount have the rights to this project, but Apple would now fund it as an Apple Original, with Paramount benefiting from a theatrical release before it goes to ATV+

Since this deal has apparently yet to be inked there's no additional detail about whether Paramount could release the film on Blu-ray...etc.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/killers-of-the-flower-moon-martin-scorsese-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-apple-paramount-1202904816/

Interesting times.

Terrific book, and I'm excited to see what they do with it on film. I feel like they've been talking about this for a while now, no? At least DiCaprio has?

• 2 weeks later...

With the way things are going In a lot of areas , a lot more of these films are gonna have to go VOD. Especially if somehow AMC goes bust. Even if not they are gonna have to have big films play in a lot more theaters to spread crowds out. Pushing mid to small Films to VOD or smaller theaters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...