LCVG
JTello

Upcoming Movies The Trilogy (Part III)

6 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

If apple bought it for the service, I would think it would be a while before its available for purchase. 

Perhaps, yeah. I'd be stupid to cut out that option to make money though. I don't think any streaming service gains much from withholding their content exclusively after 6-12 months. It's just denying themselves more opportunities for revenue in the long term (though probably better to limit to sales rather than rentals were the likes of Netflix ever to put say, The Irishman, onto iTunes).

6 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Its going to get harder and harder for Netflix and Apple to license catalogs , as all the big companies have their own services , or will soon

MGM's probably their best best, and allegedly they have been talking to them recently. Fox's distribution rights to MGM's catalogue expire this summer (though that only ever accounted for DVD and Blu-ray. MGM have always handled their catalogue on download platforms like iTunes). 

I know it’s a terrible idea to risk my health to see this. I need to remind myself of that. 

Not watching the trailer but can’t see a scenario where I won’t be deferring seeing it for the first time until the disc is released. Sorry, Mr Nolan. 

• Like 1

What I will say is that it's a very exciting trailer, but I wish I hadn't watched it because I preferred not knowing anything.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, iainl said:

What I will say is that it's a very exciting trailer, but I wish I hadn't watched it because I preferred not knowing anything.

I dunno, I've watched it a couple of times, and I still don't know anything...

I feel like that trailer is on trend with the whole, "let's show waaaay too much of the movie." thing. I wish I hadn't watched it.

• Like 1

I will typically only watch the first teaser/trailer for a movie.  If you haven't swayed me by then, I'm probably not interested.  If you have swayed me, I don't want to know anything more.  

Apple is apparently on the verge of doing a deal with Paramount to produce Killers of the Flower Moon, a Scorsese/DiCaprio/De Niro project that they'd had at Paramount for a while, but another (like The Irishman) that Paramount were just not willing to fund due to the increasing budget. Paramount have the rights to this project, but Apple would now fund it as an Apple Original, with Paramount benefiting from a theatrical release before it goes to ATV+

Since this deal has apparently yet to be inked there's no additional detail about whether Paramount could release the film on Blu-ray...etc.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/killers-of-the-flower-moon-martin-scorsese-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-apple-paramount-1202904816/

Interesting times.

5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Apple is apparently on the verge of doing a deal with Paramount to produce Killers of the Flower Moon, a Scorsese/DiCaprio/De Niro project that they'd had at Paramount for a while, but another (like The Irishman) that Paramount were just not willing to fund due to the increasing budget. Paramount have the rights to this project, but Apple would now fund it as an Apple Original, with Paramount benefiting from a theatrical release before it goes to ATV+

Since this deal has apparently yet to be inked there's no additional detail about whether Paramount could release the film on Blu-ray...etc.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/killers-of-the-flower-moon-martin-scorsese-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-apple-paramount-1202904816/

Interesting times.

Terrific book, and I'm excited to see what they do with it on film. I feel like they've been talking about this for a while now, no? At least DiCaprio has?

Yeah, it’s been high on DiCaprio and Scorsese’s list along with Devil in the White City (which was rumoured to now be a Hulu original series but that was before the Disney buyout so I am not sure what’s happened with that).

52 minutes ago, Camp said:

I'll take my 'nope' back if the film brings George Carlin back.

We have the technology. I don't think they have the budget though.

image.png

• Haha 1

Yeah. I wish he’d just release it to digital, no way am I stepping into a theater until there’s a vaccine. 

• Bravo 1

With the way things are going In a lot of areas , a lot more of these films are gonna have to go VOD. Especially if somehow AMC goes bust. Even if not they are gonna have to have big films play in a lot more theaters to spread crowds out. Pushing mid to small Films to VOD or smaller theaters.