LCVG

Plastic instruments of choice?

GrumpyElf

Now that all the instruments work on all the games, what are you guys that don't currently own drums and stuff going to do? I sold my Rockband kit about a month ago, so all I have is the GH3 guitar. Right now I'm thinking about buying the Guitar World Tour package and simply using those instruments for Rockband 2.

I was figuring I'd get the benefit of the new features of the Guitar World stuff and then just use them on RB. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Tom

I still have my Rock Band gear but I am planning on unloading it. I may bite the bullet and take whatever GameStop will give me for the items and apply that credit towards the GHWT band kit. I do plan on getting a new RB2 wireless guitar, though I am not certain I will get it at the September release (assuming the instruments are available with the early-release 360 version, even though there are no bundles apparently).

I decided on the GHWT kit because 1) I liked the GH3 guitar over the RB one, and 2) the GHWT drum kit will be set up for 5 pads+bass as opposed to 4+1. I know the Ion kit is looking quite awesome, but there is no way I can pull off a $300 purchase just for that with my wife.

According to GameStop - and I know how that means complete accuracy - the individual instruments should be available on 9/14 with the 360 release of RB2.

Not to turn this thread too much about the games themselves, I think Activision may be making a mistake by not releasing the track listing for GHWT. I'm not saying Cameron's decision to go with RB2 could be changed, but people may hold out for the RB2 bundle since they know the songs that will be included with that game.

According to GameStop - and I know how that means complete accuracy - the individual instruments should be available on 9/14 with the 360 release of RB2.

It looks like there are more stores with similar dates. Amazon has the individual instruments for the 360 set for a September 10th release, but the full bundle still for October 19th :eh

I'd love to see that date for the bundle move up. Any chance? If not, why the priority for individual instruments? It seems you'd want the opposite to coax fans into going ahead and just upgrading everything.

I've got two wireless guitars for the PS3 Rock Band that I'll be keeping. I'm not hardcore enough to notice any issues with them. So it's just the game disc for me. I may end up trying out Guitar Hero World Tour on the PS3 too now the games are going to be compatible.

I have no idea.

I'm pretty happy with the Les Paul as a guitar, but if the RB2's strumbar is improved enough, I MIGHT buy one.

The drums I have now work fine, and I don't really play the drums as much as I thought. I do like the look of the GHWT drums but since RB2 will be my main game, the lack of a 4th pad is pretty significant. The RB2 drums look nicely improved and the cymbal add-ons might be enough to tempt me into getting them.

No way I'm getting an Ion kit, and the new GHWT guitar seems too gimicky with the slide pad (and just looks ugly too)

I actually prefer the RB1 guitar to the others as it seems to fit my hands better and its really quiet when playing; its just way more comfortable to hold for me and I don't hear the constant clicking of the keys from the other guitars. As far as the new instruments, I'm planning to stick with the RB1 and GH3 gear I already have and use them with Rock Band 2 but, if/when the originals start to fail I'll probably replace them. For the guitar , I'll probably go with the new sunburst RB2 guitar and the drums will likely be replaced with that ION set :) - But not till something breaks... I've got no room for any more music "peripherals"

Disc only for me.

I prefer the fret buttons on the RB guitars, but the strummer of the GH2 Xplorer I have. If I could marry the two together...

As for the drums, it'll take a lot, and the right price to get me to swap those out. The ones I have function and provide enough challenge for me.

I would be more apt to buy the RB2 bundle, although I'm planning on keeping my current RB1 stuff. Harmonix has already gone through one iteration of hardware for the game (drums, mic, guitar, etc) whereas Activision and the bunch hasn't yet put out a drum kit. I remember reading about a showing of the GHWT drum set at some show and the cymbals keep breaking... that doesn't sit too well with me. At least with RB, if you get the cymbal add-on and that breaks you can either warranty replace it (possibly) or buy another cymbal kit since they're fairly inexpensive.