LCVG

TV 2008...Get your schedule here.

Carlucci

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definates for me:

House, Bones, Entourage, Life, DirtySexyMoney, Smallville, Prison Break, The Shield, Dexter, Family Guy and Californication.

Will give Fringe, Heroes (will start watching season 2 on blu-ray this weekend), True Blood and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles a chance.

House, Bones, Dexter, Heroes and Big Bang are for sure on my schedule... Simpsons and Family Guy are obviously on it :) and will re-try Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Anyone know how this season will work in the UK? I can download pretty much any of these the day after they air in the States so not a big deal or anything but... With the writers strike, The UK finished everything up here just before/over the summer so are on the same "season" as the US. Will they air similarly? Or maybe start here a few months late...?

From that list...

New fall shows I'm gonna check out include:

-Fringe

-True Blood (the preview I saw of it wasn't encouraging though)

Returning shows include:

-Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

-How I Met Your Mother

-Heroes

-Chuck

-Supernatural

...plus Dollhouse coming mid-season, and Battlestar Galactica, Pushing Daisies, Lost, Dexter & Weeds on DVD/Blu-Ray (no Showtime), Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc

When is Dollhouse coming on anyways? As a Whedon fan I've gotta give that one at least 2 episodes! ;)

If you're counting mid-season shows I can't freak wait for Reaper, Lost, and Rescue Me. Reaper was probably my favorite new show of the last season... and I can't recommend it enough. It's like Dead Like Me without a moral or dramatic message. :)

That reminds me, Rescue Me is going a full 22 or 24 episode non-interrrupted season next year because they lost an entire season due to the Writers' Strike. That is going to KICK. ASS. Definitely still my favorite show (or rather season-long vastly-entertaining trainwreck) on TV. :)

Anyone know how this season will work in the UK? I can download pretty much any of these the day after they air in the States so not a big deal or anything but... With the writers strike, The UK finished everything up here just before/over the summer so are on the same "season" as the US. Will they air similarly? Or maybe start here a few months late...?

With most shows UK stations tend to wait until both halves of a season have aired in the states so they can just run it in one big 22/24 week chunk without a break so right now I'd imagine they are winding down on airing pre-strike material and will wait until new seasons have completely aired in the US. I could be wrong though as the strike may have shuffled things around a bit and it's been a decade since I owned Sky TV so I don't actually know if they have begun airing seasons in halves like the US now or not.

The one guaranteed exception I know of is actually going to be Heroes as BBC have struck a deal with NBC and will air Season 3 just days after the US airing in a (welcome) move to save people downloading the American broadcasts in advance. It'll begin on the 25th of September here on BBC2 and BBC HD. I'd like to think that this will become common for a lot of shows in future as it's really what networks need to come together and do if they ever want to stop crying over people in other countries downloading episodes.

When is Dollhouse coming on anyways? As a Whedon fan I've gotta give that one at least 2 episodes! ;)

If you're counting mid-season shows I can't freak wait for Reaper, Lost, and Rescue Me. Reaper was probably my favorite new show of the last season... and I can't recommend it enough. It's like Dead Like Me without a moral or dramatic message. :)

That reminds me, Rescue Me is going a full 22 or 24 episode non-interrrupted season next year because they lost an entire season due to the Writers' Strike. That is going to KICK. ASS. Definitely still my favorite show (or rather season-long vastly-entertaining trainwreck) on TV. :)

Not a Whedon fan and will be giving it 2 episodes. :)

I hadn't mentioned Reaper because I thought it had been canceled. Reaper and Journeyman were my 2 favorite new shows.

Hadn't heard that about Rescue Me. That's alot of episodes for a cable show as they normally don't go over 13 episodes for a season. That will definately push back whatever show they have scheduled afterwards; Damages, Nip/Tuck, new show???

Forgot to mention, set up the TiVo to give Sons Of Anarchy a look. With Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Mitch Pileggi and Drea De Matteo... I'll give it a few episodes.