LCVG

Monopoly (360)

Anthony G

I just noticed Monopoly is coming out for the 360 October 6, it's $39.99:

Link

From EA Casual Entertainment, MONOPOLY™ is reinvented with a party twist! With a host of current-day cities and landmarks from all over the world, this new version lets you wheel and deal and compete to own some of the most recognized locations on Earth. Host the ultimate MONOPOLY party with family and friends to experience classic and global versions of MONOPOLY with digital gameplay.

* Get rich quick! In this all-new, super-fast version, trade properties and compete in exciting mini-games to see who makes the top of the rich list.

* Group play: Up to four players can simultaneously join in on the rags-to-riches fun.

* Past, present, and future: Get the most extensive collection of MONOPOLY boards all in one package.

* Now boarding: Fill up your passport as you play to unlock new and never-before-seen MONOPOLY boards.

I know we have a bunch of board game fans here. Playing online would be a blast. Anyone else interested?

I like Monopoly, but not for $40. If it were a $8-$15 arcade game I would be all over it. Monopoly really just needs the classic monopoly board, basic graphics and quick gameplay to make it a good computer/video game.

I used to play on a website for awhile. If you follow the rules and have a computer moving your pieces a game of Monopoly really doesn't take that long. Maybe 45 minutes.

While I was looking for screen shots to post just now, I read the EA announcement that they were bringing Monopoly and Scrabble to multiple platforms (can a mod edit the title to reflect that). The writer assumed that EA would be bring it to XBLA. I actually like the fact they will be adding all their different boards to it. Maybe they will have the Star Wars one, which would be really cool.

Personally, and I've no inside info, I'd guess it's more likely because the target market for Monopoly is much more casual than the average XBLA user.

Though if you do want to play it online, this is going to be a far better bet, and cheaper than the 360 game.

The only problem I see with that is the online is what I'm most excited about. Playing with others on the forum. It would be easier to organize games through Live than through the PC. At least, I think it would. Heck, if enough pick it up I would set up a tournament with a prize (4000 point XBLA card).

The only problem I see with that is the online is what I'm most excited about. Playing with others on the forum. It would be easier to organize games through Live than through the PC. At least, I think it would. Heck, if enough pick it up I would set up a tournament with a prize (4000 point XBLA card).

I thoroughly understand why it'd be easier to organise etc for XBLA. Just thought I'd throw it up there for people to see ;)

• 1 month later...